You havent given yourself enough time to see results

Options
While experts generally recommend losing 1-2 pounds a week, most of us probably don't get that close. Remember: to lose one pound, you have to create a 500-calorie deficit every day for a week. It's fairly easy to cut calories from food since you can keep track by reading labels and measuring. The problem comes in when trying to determine how many calories you're burning with exercise. You can use a calorie calcuator, but that's often overestimated. How many calories you burn with exercise often comes down to things we can't measure such as how hard you're working and your fitness level.
Add to that the fact that there are many factors that affect weight loss which, again, can't always be measured or accounted for with the tools we have to track progress. In that sense, your body may be making changes that can't yet be measured with a scale or a tape measure.

Give your body time to respond to what you're doing. It may be weeks or months before you see significant changes so don't freak out if you're not seeing results after only a few weeks. Being patient and taking it one day at a time will allow you to enjoy the journey instead of focusing on the destination.

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    While experts generally recommend losing 1-2 pounds a week, most of us probably don't get that close. Remember: to lose one pound, you have to create a 500-calorie deficit every day for a week. It's fairly easy to cut calories from food since you can keep track by reading labels and measuring. The problem comes in when trying to determine how many calories you're burning with exercise. You can use a calorie calcuator, but that's often overestimated. How many calories you burn with exercise often comes down to things we can't measure such as how hard you're working and your fitness level.
    Add to that the fact that there are many factors that affect weight loss which, again, can't always be measured or accounted for with the tools we have to track progress. In that sense, your body may be making changes that can't yet be measured with a scale or a tape measure.

Give your body time to respond to what you're doing. It may be weeks or months before you see significant changes so don't freak out if you're not seeing results after only a few weeks. Being patient and taking it one day at a time will allow you to enjoy the journey instead of focusing on the destination.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, I really like the posts you've put up as this weekend may result in alot of people being upset with themselves as it was around superbowl weekend. I have always wanted big results and did get them when I was really doing it wrong (pills and starvation, drugs and drinking) so I think you've made an excellent point here. Thank you.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
  • init2loseit
    Options
    Great post!:flowerforyou:
    I was so down yesterday because I have been at it for a good month+ and hadn't really seen any changes.....besides inches lost. I was stressing out for hours trying to figure out what I should do.
    This morning I weighed in 2 lbs lighter!!! LOL I even had Red Lobster yesterday also.
    Its all about relaxing and having fun. Your body will do its thing as long as you do yours. :tongue: :smooched: