Daily Weigh-In

Options
As I’m attempting to drop about 30lbs. I weigh just about every morning; however seeing little to no movement on the scale has me bummed! I have the app Happy Scale which keeps things in perspective. Trying to find a happy medium because I feel too many days in between weigh-ins will equal disaster. I welcome tips and ideas - Thanks!

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher and Happy Scale user as well. I'm a big proponent of daily weighing as I feel it gives the quickest feedback if calories needs to be adjusted and turning weighing oneself into habitual data-collection instead of an event-based progress check makes a big difference psychologically for some. The trade-off is not demonstratively seeing progress, you won't get that instant gratification of dropping 3-5 lbs between trips to the scale like you do on a monthly weigh-in schedule.

With that out of the way, please answer the following so I, and others can provide the most informed advice possible.
    - How long have you been trying to lose weight and seeing "little movement", also what constitutes this "little movement"
    - How did you set you calorie level? MFP guided setup? Some other method?
    - Are you exercising? If so, is this a recent addition to your life, are you tracking exercise calories, and are you logging them in MFP to contribute to your net calories?
    - Your diary is private, are you logging all of your food? Are you doing so accurately by using a food scale?
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    The more data points the better. I even find it interesting to see how much I bounce up for a sodium laden big dinner and/or treat night. I know it;s temporary and that there is no way I gained pounds of fat from one indulgence. It only bothers me if I keep seeing the higher numbers.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    For me, it is remembering each is just a single data point. Plus you can scroll on happy scale to see where the fluctuations were different a month ago. At first my higher weights were 139-140, then drifted to 135. And now while it seems forever for the scale to budge lower my high numbers are 130 so progress. Slow and tedious at times plus individual days are mentally tough but they are just drops in the bucket.
  • robynsklar
    robynsklar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m a daily weigher. I started mfp this time with a setting of 0.5 pounds per week and didn’t get results. I changed my setting to 2lbs a week and I am getting great results. I only have 7 pounds left to go to be at he bottom of my weight range goal 125-128. I don’t eat all my exercise points and try to stay around 1200 calories, which is my base allotment from mfp.

Though I weigh myself every day and every night, I try to only log once or twice a week the weight. My official weigh in day is Friday. I usually see a 1-2 pound fluctuation through the week. My weight starts to go down around Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess then the deficit finally takes hold. Since I cut my calories I have seen a consistent loss between 1.4 pounds to 2.1 per week.
  • yesicantoo
    yesicantoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I have not been consistently logging so my question was general in nature. I might experiment with lowering my weekly goal and logging on a consistent basis.
  • yesicantoo
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Daily weigher and Happy Scale user as well. I'm a big proponent of daily weighing as I feel it gives the quickest feedback if calories needs to be adjusted and turning weighing oneself into habitual data-collection instead of an event-based progress check makes a big difference psychologically for some. The trade-off is not demonstratively seeing progress, you won't get that instant gratification of dropping 3-5 lbs between trips to the scale like you do on a monthly weigh-in schedule.

With that out of the way, please answer the following so I, and others can provide the most informed advice possible.
    - How long have you been trying to lose weight and seeing "little movement", also what constitutes this "little movement"
    - How did you set you calorie level? MFP guided setup? Some other method?
    - Are you exercising? If so, is this a recent addition to your life, are you tracking exercise calories, and are you logging them in MFP to contribute to your net calories?
    - Your diary is private, are you logging all of your food? Are you doing so accurately by using a food scale?

• yesicantoo
    Options
    Steveko89 -I have been slowly trending up for the past 6 months, I feel out of frustration. Prior to this I was “maintaining”. I set my calorie level using MFP and my exercise regimen has been super minimal (2-3 days per week).