Bumping

Options
claudiandw
claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
This isn't a recipe, but a helpful hint LOL. I have a word document titled Recipes that I keep on my desktop and when I see a recipe I like I just copy and paste. So now I have tons of yummy recipes at my finger tips. :)

Replies

• bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!
  • pittures
    pittures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wonderful tip!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Great tip....so many times I click on a recipe thread hoping to see dozens of mouth watering recipes, only to find one recipe and 57 bumps. ;-)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. But...bumping also "bumps up" the post so that it doesn't get lost amidst newer posts. The first time I saw the use of bumping a thread for one's reference later on was on this forum. Until then I always thought of bumping as a way to move a post up on a forum.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. But...bumping also "bumps up" the post so that it doesn't get lost amidst newer posts. The first time I saw the use of bumping a thread for one's reference later on was on this forum. Until then I always thought of bumping as a way to move a post up on a forum.

That is what bumping means, the added convenience of it going to you topics is just something associated with this forum.

I thought this was a topic on bumping, I only came here to complain about people bumping their own posts, which other forums ban
  • lynn1982
    Options

That is what bumping means, the added convenience of it going to you topics is just something associated with this forum.

I thought this was a topic on bumping, I only came here to complain about people bumping their own posts, which other forums ban

Why do other forums ban it? That doesn't make sense to me. It makes much more sense than allowing your post (assuming it's important and relevant) to be seen rather than become lost among a bunch of crap...
  • kellieprindle
    kellieprindle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Too bad Microsoft only gave me a trial of Word...not gonna give "the man" anymore money! hehehe

1628192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I keep all the recipes in a word file too. I only bump when I'm reading on my phone or at work so that I can find it again when I get home.
  • torregro
    Options
    Why do other forums ban it? That doesn't make sense to me. It makes much more sense than allowing your post (assuming it's important and relevant) to be seen rather than become lost among a bunch of crap...

Um......doesn't EVERYBODY think that *their* posts are the most important and belong at the top? Just sayin' LOL

I understand that bumping brings the post to the top of the page, but it *can be* discouraging to see that a 4-5 page recipe post is just 90% bumps. JMHO
  • IronSmasher
    Options

I need you to re-think that. I don't know how to approach explaining such an obvious problem of unlimited people bumping unlimited times
  • lynn1982
    Options

I need you to re-think that. I don't know how to approach explaining such an obvious problem of unlimited people bumping unlimited times

And I need you to re-think your rudeness. I don't know how to approach bullies like you.

By the way, people on this forum use "bump" in order to save it for later, not to bump it up. Things do get lost on forums and sometimes bumping to actually bump it up in the forum makes sense.
  • lynn1982
    Options

Um......doesn't EVERYBODY think that *their* posts are the most important and belong at the top? Just sayin' LOL

I understand that bumping brings the post to the top of the page, but it *can be* discouraging to see that a 4-5 page recipe post is just 90% bumps. JMHO

When you see a recipe on here that is 90% bumps, it's not because someone is trying to bring it up to the top of the page. The people who "bump" recipes do so to save it for later since they can then easily go back to it. I thought that was already established...
  • torregro
    Options
    When you see a recipe on here that is 90% bumps, it's not because someone is trying to bring it up to the top of the page. The people who "bump" recipes do so to save it for later since they can then easily go back to it. I thought that was already established...

I agree, which is why I think that the original poster's suggestion about copying and pasting is such a FINE one. ;-)
  • lynn1982
    Options

I agree, which is why I think that the original poster's suggestion about copying and pasting is such a FINE one. ;-)

I don't disagree with you. But I don't appreciate being attacked..
  • torregro
    Options
    Fortunately I know that you are not referring to me.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I have asperger's syndrome, I'm sorry I appear rude, but I honestly don't know how to explain that which appears obvious to me
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    And I was talking about people bumping their own posts, so I've no idea how the saving for later argument is relevant
  • lynn1982
    Options
    I have asperger's syndrome, I'm sorry I appear rude, but I honestly don't know how to explain that which appears obvious to me

You did not appear rude. You were rude. I work with people with asperger's. It's not a green light to be rude to people. Again, stop attacking me.
  • lynn1982
    Options
    And I was talking about people bumping their own posts, so I've no idea how the saving for later argument is relevant

The "saving for later argument" is relevant because it relates to the original post.

Sometimes peoples' posts become lost on a forum full of crap. That's when "bumping" (the actual use of the term) is a good idea. This is a really dumb conversation. And again, please do not attack me or I will report your posts AGAIN.
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ive done this but actually made it a folder, and separated it into categories. plan on writing them all out and making my own recipe box :)