Walking off the pounds

Options
dajahshannon
dajahshannon Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I started my walking challenge yesterday, I did good I ended my day with a 3 mile walk. I could see that I was a little out of shape from not doing it in so long but I pushed through. I hope to build up my distance over the next few weeks and hoping to drop 10lbs this month.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I started my walking challenge yesterday, I did good I ended my day with a 3 mile walk. I could see that I was a little out of shape from not doing it in so long but I pushed through. I hope to build up my distance over the next few weeks and hoping to drop 10lbs this month.

walking is great ,but its all about a calorie deficit to lose weight. and depending on your current weight 10lbs a month may be too aggressive, or you may not see a 10lb loss. but keep up the walking and good luck
  • dajahshannon
    Options
    Thanks I will keep that in mind so if I don’t lose the full 10lbs I won’t be so hard on myself
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Good for you! Walking is a wonderful & natural way to get some exercise without needing lots of equipment and without worry of hurting yourself :) I walk 5 miles a day 5 days a week and highly recommend it. When you want to lose weight, though, remember that it is CICO. You really need to cut back calories to lose weight, as it is extremely difficult to lose weight by just exercise alone without making changes to what you eat.

Good luck on your journey. You can do it!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Walking is my primary form of exercise. It's easy to fit into my day and uncomplicated. I like uncomplicated... It definitely makes a difference for me. I don't stress as much about the distance but just focus on the number of minutes walked.

10 lbs is a pretty large amount for one month. So don't be focused as much on the number of lbs lost but on the number of days you stay on your plan.
  • dajahshannon
    Options
    Yes it is uncomplicated I can put the baby in the stroller and go he enjoys it as well!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Yes it is uncomplicated I can put the baby in the stroller and go he enjoys it as well!

yeah thats a great idea and get some mom& baby time too.