Attn: Low Carbers! How many a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks mlbroad! Its been awhile since I've been on that website. I am feeling so amazingly positive about this! I know the combo of MFP, the lower carb lifestyle, tracking, support network, light excercise and not feeling like I have to have an all or nothing attitude will be the key! :) I'm going to go check this out, because I am actually doing all my shopping today to start on the low carb eating. I've been watching a bit more...but wasn't prepared yet to go gung ho. As of tonight...I will be prepared! :)
  • joannepapas
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!
  • Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been following the strategy of eating to my meter. I watch what happens to my blood sugar after meals; if a particular food kicks the numbers up too high, I greatly reduce or eliminate it. Not tracking carefully, but I've probably been eating around 60g carbs a day. My doctor also has me on the maximum dose of metformin right now; without that I would probably limit my carb intake even more strictly, but I like the option of having a little more flexibility in my diet.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    <50g's on light cardio (60 minute walks in a weighted vest) days and around 100g's (mostly from sweet potatos) on heavy lifting days. Strictly vegetables, occasional fruits and sweet potatos...no grains, flours, etc.
  • joannepapas
    Options
    <50g's on light cardio (60 minute walks in a weighted vest) days and around 100g's (mostly from sweet potatos) on heavy lifting days. Strictly vegetables, occasional fruits and sweet potatos...no grains, flours, etc.

Wow...and you have seen a nice success on weight loss too! This is very encouraging for me. Thanks so much for sharing, and keep up your great work!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Wow...and you have seen a nice success on weight loss too! This is very encouraging for me. Thanks so much for sharing, and keep up your great work!

I eat Paleo and not all of the 71 lbs has been since dropping grains, flours, etc. Since I started Paleo in January I've dropped about 50 of those lbs. So it does work.

Best of luck to you !
  • joannepapas
    Options

I eat Paleo and not all of the 71 lbs has been since dropping grains, flours, etc. Since I started Paleo in January I've dropped about 50 of those lbs. So it does work.

Best of luck to you !

Thanks! We're friends now, so please feel free to chime in to me with any suggestions! I have a few other low carbers...and I value their feedback immensely. And 50 lbs since January is amazinb! :) Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration to many on this website I'm sure.