My mom died on Monday...

My mom died, and I am struggling right now. She was pretty young. I won't lie... I don't want to do this right now... I feel like I have no reason to continue trying. I am lost. I really could use some motivation and support. I am down 80 lbs so far but have gained 3 back. I am so off track.

am6q2n5jcn09.jpg

Replies

• L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Hugs to you. I cannot imagine being in your shoes. I can feel the love you have for your mom. Be kind kind to yourself and I hope you’re able to find comfort. 80lbs is an amazing accomplishment. Your mom must’ve been so proud of you. Keep making her proud.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I'm so sorry sweetheart! Hugs! Losing a parent is tough.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <3
  • Champd36
    Champd36 Posts: 59 Member
    So sorry for your loss... Cannot even begin to imagine your pain...
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    I'm so very sorry. Oh sweetie, you are going through so much sadness right now. It is all probably very surreal at this point. My mom passed away 6.5 years ago and it was the toughest time in my life. Some days I didn't even think I wanted to get out of bed but I had two very young kids to look after. It actually helped to not completely get swallowed up in my grief. Just take it one day, one moment at a time. I wish I could take away your pain for you. I will pray for you. God helped me get through my grief. (((Hugs)))
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Praying with you...May Jesus give you comfort during this very difficult time.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,842 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own mother when I was 25, and it's a very difficult thing to get through, but you can and you will. Take the time you need to grieve, but please do not give up on yourself and how far you have come. I am sure your mom was very proud of you!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I am so, so sorry for your loss!
  • azmataz
    azmataz Posts: 1 Member
    In January, my mum passed away as well. She, too, was quite young. She had been signed up to run a half marathon in March which I ran in her place, but after that, I just completely stopped taking care of myself. I've finally started doing exercise again and looking after what I eat, but honestly, the immediate effect was that it just didn't matter. You need to take some time for yourself and just concentrate on your emotions. All you can do is try to keep taking care of your body, but don't put too much pressure on to be perfect during this time. Take a few weeks to process everything and then if you feel ready it will be time to continue your journey. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I send you all the love in the world <3<3
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm so sorry
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    I'm so sorry...Give yourself a little time to get through the next few weeks. This is a very rough time. You will feel better again, in time. Take the time to grieve and to remember and to heal. When I lost my dad a year ago, I gained a little back, and I lost it again. 3 lbs is a drop in the bucket considering how much you've lost. Invest in your health now so that you can live a long, healthy life. I'm pretty sure that would make your mom happy. Hugs.
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    I'm so sorry.. Lost my mom 7 years ago went into a deep depression stopped working out didnt care ate like *kitten* gained a ton of weight then I got breast cancer dealt with that... Now I'm back on track..
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I know what you are going through. I lost my mom a few years ago and I still have bad days, although it does get easier with time. I am so so sorry that you are having to go through this.

I also gained weight when I lost her. Food was comforting. But it didn't bring her back to me. Try to stay on track on the days you have energy for it, and be gentle with yourself on days you struggle. Your mom would want you to be happy, whatever that means to you.
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Do it for your mom.