Looking for support and advice.

Options
Hello!!

I'm working on losing weight to reach my goal weight of 57kgs. I currently weigh 73kgs and I've logging for 61days.

I'm really struggling with so much weight fluctuation...
I've also been going over my calorie limit because I'm so hungry! I feel 1400kcals is so low for me.. and this is really making me upset.
No matter how hard I try I can't seem to lose the weight and this time I'm 100% dedicated to keep going until I see a change.

I wanted to clarify the following: how much should I be eating in order to lose weight? I'm 24yrs old and 163cm tall.

The reason I'm asking this is because I've tried different calculators which give me different numbers from 1500, 1400, 1900etc calories.

How many calories should I be eating to lose atleast 0.5kg/0.25kg a week?

The other thing is how is it possible to gain 2+3kgs in a day or two days when I'm only going over my calorie limit by a few calories? (From 1400kcal)
I feel so heavy and the scales show that I've gained weight even though I've cut down my eating by a lot since I started logging..

Any advice would be appreciated..

Replies

• fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hey,I think there are lots of people on here happy to give advice when they can see your diary.
    I'm no expert and have only started about a month ago
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    57 kilos is a healthy weight for someone at 163 cm. At your current weight, you could lose up to 500 grams per week and still be healthy. 1400 calories is enough to not starve, if you're sendentary, and if your diet is balanced. But if you're not able to stick to 1400, you need more food. If you're active, you need more food. And keep in mind that you're supposed to eat back exercise calories too.

You have to track correctly to be sure you're eating the number of calories you think you are. If you're losing at expected rate, you're eating the appropriate amount of calories. If you're eating in a deficit, you're losing weight. How you "feel", is only vaguely representative of whether you're losing weight for real.

To lose 1 kilo of fat, you need a calorie deficit of 7000 calories.

Your weight naturally fluctuates with up to 1 kilo from one day to the next and 2-3 kilos over the course of a few days, depending on the weight of the food you eat, how fast you're digesting it, how much water your body is retaining.
  • determined_M_91
    determined_M_91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey my stats are similar to yours. I am 26 years old, 162cm tall and at the moment am at 75.4 kg. I started at 84.4 and goal weight for me is somewhere around 52-55 kg.
    Weight fluctuations are totally normal, usually it's just water weight, especially when it's that time of the month I normally go up 1-4 kg depending on the month. Also if you eat a lot of carbs they could also be a reason to retain water, or if you do very strenuous workouts your muscles could be retaining water for protection. Drink a lot of water so you flush excess water out - sounds weird but it works. Look at the big picture - how much do you lose per week/two weeks/ or even per month. 1400 cals a day sounds reasonable. If you are too hungry up the daily limit with 100 cals and see how it goes from there.
    Also I'd love it if you add me, since we have more or less the same goals :)