Wine!

Options

Replies

• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Im going to a dry wedding but i may need a glass of red after i get home. Any suggestions.

A dry wedding? I'd just slip a flask in my garter ;)

Haha its no fun though if im the only one sipping. If i had a date :) being sneaky could be fun.

Going alone to a dry wedding sounds about as fun as a bag of kittens drowning in a river. You have my sympathies.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    Im going to a dry wedding but i may need a glass of red after i get home. Any suggestions.

A dry wedding? I'd just slip a flask in my garter ;)

Haha its no fun though if im the only one sipping. If i had a date :) being sneaky could be fun.

Going alone to a dry wedding sounds about as fun as a bag of kittens drowning in a river. You have my sympathies.

• mustacheU2Lift
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Red red wine...oops just saw the video :D
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Are we there yet? It's too hot! I want ice cream! He's on my side! Are we there yet? How much longer? I have to go to the bathroom!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    White sweet wine. Unfortunately it is a lot harder to find sweet wine than dry wine.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    I find sweet wine gives me a headache. I prefer dry red wine.

Pinot noir?
  • PAFC84
    Options
    I dont quite get why they describe it as a "dry" wine.

Lol. More sediment than wine in the bottle.....
  • PAFC84
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Pinot noir?

It’s definitely a toss up between Pinot noir and Merlot. I do admit I’m growing a liking for Amarone, which is on the sweeter side.

I used to get dragged to France on holiday when I was a kid. The best bit was the wine tasting. Go into a cellar and when we'd come out the sun would hit us. Tasted this rather nice red sparkling wine when in the Loire valley. They don't export it. The name will come to me in a bit
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Pinot noir?

It’s definitely a toss up between Pinot noir and Merlot. I do admit I’m growing a liking for Amarone, which is on the sweeter side.

I used to get dragged to France on holiday when I was a kid. The best bit was the wine tasting. Go into a cellar and when we'd come out the sun would hit us. Tasted this rather nice red sparkling wine when in the Loire valley. They don't export it. The name will come to me in a bit

They "dragged" you to france on holiday lol...poor thing. And a wine tasting to boot. Evilness.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

They "dragged" you to france on holiday lol...poor thing. And a wine tasting to boot. Evilness.

Well when your 10-13, you sort of want to do more kid things, not have to endure 4 hours driving to visit liseaux cathedral. The wine tasting was the best bit of the holiday needless to say.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    The sparkling red wine was called Ackerman. There was a nice muscadet on that trip too.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Pinot noir?

Hahaha I was about to write something similar.

I knew someone would pick up on it.
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018
    Options

Pinot noir?

A violation of my human rights. Your sympathy is warmly welcomed
  • PAFC84
    Options
    I dont quite get why they describe it as a "dry" wine.

Lol. More sediment than wine in the bottle.....

I hate the sediment that forms on the bottom of the damigella. I use mine to make homemade vinegar.

Your knowledge of wine exceeds mine.
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The sparkling red wine was called Ackerman. There was a nice muscadet on that trip too.

I will give it a try!

It'd based near the town of saumur. They've got a lot of good castles in France too. I haven't been back to France since 1998, so hopefully the wine is still good.