Chronic Pain

Options
2»

Replies

• Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo That's awesome that you found a way to keep the pain at bay. At this point I'm physically unable to work out extensively. When I can I go for walks and yoga but some days I barely have my head above water. But when I'm able I will definitely be getting more physical.
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @hambien Ill look into whole 30 thank you! Dont worry food is just one factor. My stress has been under control for a while (sleep has never been a prob) which makes me so eager to try anything bc I just seem to be getting worse. Dont worry I'm following all doctors orders.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I struggle with chronic pain myself. I am working with a PT who specializes in it and the best thing I’ve found is small amounts of light exercise. I am on the whole 30 eating plan (no grain, no sugars, no dairy, no alcohol, nothing processed) and it seems to help a little. I hope you figure something out that works
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo That's awesome that you found a way to keep the pain at bay. At this point I'm physically unable to work out extensively. When I can I go for walks and yoga but some days I barely have my head above water. But when I'm able I will definitely be getting more physical.

The first couple weeks of getting active again are always plagued by an increase in pain. It's after those initial weeks that it improves. Is physiotherapy an option for you? I would highly recommend it, if it is possible. I read your other post. Very happy to see you are working with your doctor. As for dietary changes, how about a registered dietician? Getting the right professionals around you can be very important.
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Daphnerose86 I also struggle with chronic pain and struggle to get up and go to work every day, and make it through work. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and arthritis, which seems to be affecting all my joints now and most of my muscles. I am trying to watch my diet and lose some weight, which I hope will lessen the pain in my joints. I have a lot of pain in my SI joints, hips, neck, and some days my feet. I can only walk for exercise (some days) and do stretches. I am an arthritis medicine and off and on prednisone, which makes you want to eat more! My friend had me try a vegetarian diet for 2 weeks, but it did not help. Let me know if you find anything that helps, and I will do the same! I did find that moist heat helps my joints briefly. But know that you are not alone! We gotta keep moving and searching for a cure, that's all we can do! (sorry I wrote a book!) :)
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This video is a big help in understanding how pain works.
    https://youtu.be/C_3phB93rvI