Getting protein without meat

Options
Hello,
I am looking to bulk and trying to hit my macros. I need about 150g of protein but struggle to get there because of my distaste in meat. I currently am already eating oatmega bars and drinking a protein shake. I usually get to around 100ish grams. What are some low cost options to get more protein?

Replies

• mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Replace grains with wholewheat versions, they'll have more protein and little bits like that can add up.

Greek yoghurt, skyr, cottage cheese, eggs, lentils + pulses + beans if you eat enough of them. Tofu, seitan and particularly meat replacements like Quorn can be good if you get them on offer. Canned tuna or salmon fillets if you eat fish.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Is it a texture thing? Tofu I believe would be most efficient.

[Edited to add] And eggs. How could I forget eggs? There are dozens of ways to prepare them.
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Vegan forms of vegetable protein?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Try snacking on hemp hearts. Three tablespoons have 10 g of protein and only 180 calories. They're fairly cheap on Amazon (Manitoba Harvest is a good brand), 15 servings for about $10. I love hemp. They're kinda nutty, and they're much higher in protein than flax or chia seeds.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Pasteurized egg whites can be added to most beverages.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eggs/egg whites, dairy.... What about fish/seafood?
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    eggs, tofu, dry roasted soybeans, beans, lentils, and dairy. If you like seafood (I can't stand it, but many like it), they have many options.
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You could also look into TVP.