Breakfast ideas?

Options
Hapoo2211
Hapoo2211 Posts: 10 Member
Hi y'all,
I need some new meal ideas for my first meal if they day! For some reason I can never figure out what to eat and I'm kinda getting bored of the same ole eggs or oatmeal!!

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I tried this from the mfp blog a week ago. Was super delicious, cheap, easy, and low calorie.

Easy Apple Pancakes

Of course the real maple syrup I topped them with was less calorie-friendly, but totally worth it!
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I like biscuits and gravy. But biscuits are calorie bombs. I make a sausage gravy with a mix of almond flour and whole wheat flour. It ended up as 248 calories/serving as measured when I plugged all the ingredients in and split it into four servings.

Instead of biscuits, I make an SoS using two slices of Healthy Life bread (70 calories for the two slices) and save about 500 calories that would have been in the two biscuits I once used.

Add a cup of fruit to round it out. So right around 400 calories give or take depending on the volume of fruit.

My typical three egg omelette with three slices of center cut bacon, two cups of fajita pepper mix and 28g of taco cheese is right around the same calorie load.

Some days, I remove an egg and a slice of bacon and have a banana or a cup of fruit.

Today I had a tomato and spinach quiche at a local coffee shop with my bicycling group. Estimate that to be around 350 calories based on other vegetable quiche recipes.

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hapoo2211 wrote: »
    Hi y'all,
    I need some new meal ideas for my first meal if they day! For some reason I can never figure out what to eat and I'm kinda getting bored of the same ole eggs or oatmeal!!

Quick and easy favourites for me, when I'm not enjoying delicious savoury oatmeal or dense and loaded egg breakfast bites, sometimes are:
    • Breakfast risotto
    • Breakfast noodles soup
    • Breakfast pizza, quiche, pie

ETA: Add to list
  • Hapoo2211
    Hapoo2211 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Got some new fun ideas!!! :)
  • marwa5
    marwa5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually have
    2xweetbix
    1/2 cup trim milk (or 1 cup if you like I just don’t like it too soggy)
    Half banana
    all together, I love it!
    Calories: 260
    z3gz18zyamy4.jpeg
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    An interesting read on the history of breakfast and why we connect it with certain foods~

https://priceonomics.com/how-breakfast-became-a-thing/
  • darciegordon
    darciegordon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For a quick, easy breakfast on weekdays, I like to have a lite english muffin toasted, cook a 1-2 pieces of turkey bacon, scramble an egg, spread a little bit of mashed avocado on the muffin - add the turkey bacon and egg - and have a decently healthy breakfast sandwich.
  • teach200508
    teach200508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Splenda brown sugar, walnuts, & raisins or Craisins. Let it sit a bit, stir, & enjoy.
  • tljvanneste
    tljvanneste Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some of the things I have done are fruit smoothies with almond milk, and vanilla extract, protien iced coffees, and banana oatmeal pancakes
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hapoo2211 wrote: »
    Hi y'all,

Quick and easy favourites for me, when I'm not enjoying delicious savoury oatmeal or dense and loaded egg breakfast bites, sometimes are:
    • Breakfast risotto
    • Breakfast noodles soup
    • Breakfast pizza, quiche, pie

• Open face breakfast sandwiches (or loaded toasts, panini, jaffle iron sandwiches).
    • Breakfast sausages and hash browns (the usual potatoes or cauliflower etc). * An MFP friend of mine had chicken and hash browns from 8ish his am for his 1st feed yesterday.

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Here are my favorite easy and healthy breakfasts:
    • overnight oats with fruit, pecan pieces, cinnamon, and vanilla almond milk
    • mashed avocado (mixed with garlic power, salt and pepper) on whole wheat toast with sliced tomato and red onion
    • cottage cheese with avocado, diced tomato, red onion, and black pepper
    • greek yogurt with a little honey and whatever fruit I have around the house
    • Chickpea scramble breakfast bowl

My favorite unhealthy breakfast food is breakfast tacos loaded with lots of cheese, bacon, eggs, avocado, and salsa. Yum! I only eat them on special occasions now.
  • christinaagar
    christinaagar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How about chocolate pudding for breakfast!
  • christinaagar
    christinaagar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry about above typed it all out and then something went wrong with posting so will try again.

Chocolate Pudding Breakfast
    1 oz oats
    3 fl oz coconut milk
    3 fl oz Greek yogurt
    1 tsp cacao powder
    1 tsp chia seeds
    1 med banana

Blitz and pour into bowl and leave to thicken for a minute or two. I worked it out to be around 277 calories. I often add a few raspberries or blueberries on top.

It tastes so creamy and naughty!
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I make the same smoothie every morning ( I’m a creature of habit lol). 1 cup milk ( usually 2% or lower to help on calories ), 1 Cup raw spinach, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, 1 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp raw honey, and a banana. Sometimes some strawberries too. I serve over ice with straw.
  • MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do different things depending upon the season.

Overnight Steal Cut Oats
    Omelets
    Protein Balls
    Crustless Quiche
    Greek Yogurt with Granola and Fresg Fruit
    Cottage Cheese with Fresh Fruit and almonds
    Protein Shakes
    Smoothies
    Breakfast Wraps (think breakfast burrito but inside a lettuce leaf)
    Protein Pudding with fresh berries

My children’s favorite is “Ice Cream”
    1/2 cup quinoa 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries 2 chunks frozen pineapple... I stick all of it into my vitamin turn on low 2 for a quick count to 5 flip to high and do a slow count to 5 and the turn off. Comes out like soft serve ice cream. Makes 3 servings.

I also do things like pancakes, waffles, muffins, and coffee cake. I have a pretty standard method to make any baked good healthy.

If a recipe calls for 1 cup sugar and 2 1/2 cups flour I make the following adjustments. It never changes the consistency or taste but adds a little more healthy to it. I even do this to cookies!

sugar = 2/3 sugar 1/3 applesauce (I make my own by throwing an apple in the vitamix and waiting for it to look like applesauce)

Flour = 1/2 cup quinoa flour 1/4 ground flax seed 1/4 almond flour 1 1/2 cups flour
  • Bigpuma100
    Bigpuma100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eggs and oats blahhhhh breakfast should be fun you can be flexible it just depends on your goals.
    Yogurt with pistachio, hemp seeds, watermelon seeds protein punch. What toast with avocado spread over easy egg. Salmon with strawberries. I do tigernut flour crepe really good.