Keto newbie

Options
evelynh909
evelynh909 Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone! I’ve been interested in the keto diet for a while but was undecided about doing it since I was nursing my baby full time. Now that he’s hardly nursing I want to kick start this diet , but am so lost as to how to get started with day one. Any help, tips or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Replies

• ruthcinkovich
    ruthcinkovich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Keto for 3 months and loving it! I first bought a Keto Cookbook and watched Utubes about Keto. So very helpful. Best of luck to you. You will feel full and lose all cravings for sugar and junk food!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    evelynh909 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I’ve been interested in the keto diet for a while but was undecided about doing it since I was nursing my baby full time. Now that he’s hardly nursing I want to kick start this diet , but am so lost as to how to get started with day one. Any help, tips or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Hey, good morning! Welcome to MFP.

I have been doing Keto since February and would gladly help you.

I am doing Keto because of high A1C (so, kinda due to medical reasons). But, I do love it. Now, Keto is not for everyone. It is not some magic pill. You still - assuming that you are doing this to lose weight - have to be in a caloric deficit. Nothing magical there.

Keto is VERY restrictive. That does not bother me as I eat the same seven or eight things all the time (been that way since I was four.....so, for 47 years). It can be tough, though. And, I love carbs (they just do not love me back!).

Anyway, feel free to PM me....or, reply in this post (whatever works best for you).

Also, take a spin over to the groups. There is a Low Carbers and a Keto group. Lots and lots of good stuff there. But, that is a part of the problem in the beginning - tooooooooo much information.

My name is Cary, btw! Enjoy!