New looking for friends for support as I lose all this fat :)

Options
Itstimeyo
Itstimeyo Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. 51yo married Mom of 3. I go by Yo. Few years ago I lost 40lbs.. I was excited and loving my new journey. I felt sure I’d make it to the -75lbs I wanted to lose. Then a tragic death happened to my father... and it totally derailed me. I feel apart in many ways.

Two years later and over 45+lb gain... I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. I’m so huge. It’s terrible to feel that way. All my clothes are too tight and I refuse to buy a bigger size. My husband for Mother’s Day bought me clothes .. in the biggest size I’ve ever had... it was sweet but I couldn’t do it. I returned them. I can’t do that! I just can’t.

So here I am. Trying to piece myself back together again and lose 75lbs. I appreciate any support.. I want to do this. I have to do this. My daughter 12yo needs to see a healthy mom! My sons worry about me. They see what this weight is doing to me.

❤️❤️Yo

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 yr old son and want to be around for him and able to do the activities he enjoys. You've got this!
  • tpra
    tpra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am with you Yo...I am 50 and lost 40 pounds a few years ago and have found over 1/2 of them again and don't like the way I feel. I know I can do this. Just need to take it one day at a time. May need an accountability partner. Liked being able to keep up with my kiddo's. My baby turned 16 today...

One day at a time,
    Susan :)
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Youve come to the right place. You can do this!
  • ajaromski
    ajaromski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Yo! I just started myself working out. My son is 12 and I just enrolled him in the teen strength program at my gym. He says I both inspire and motivate him. In fact, he keeps me accountable. :) I have a lot of weight to lose. You could do it!
  • loves639
    loves639 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Itstimeyo wrote: »
    Hello. 51yo married Mom of 3. I go by Yo. Few years ago I lost 40lbs.. I was excited and loving my new journey. I felt sure I’d make it to the -75lbs I wanted to lose. Then a tragic death happened to my father... and it totally derailed me. I feel apart in many ways.

Two years later and over 45+lb gain... I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. I’m so huge. It’s terrible to feel that way. All my clothes are too tight and I refuse to buy a bigger size. My husband for Mother’s Day bought me clothes .. in the biggest size I’ve ever had... it was sweet but I couldn’t do it. I returned them. I can’t do that! I just can’t.

So here I am. Trying to piece myself back together again and lose 75lbs. I appreciate any support.. I want to do this. I have to do this. My daughter 12yo needs to see a healthy mom! My sons worry about me. They see what this weight is doing to me.

❤️❤️Yo

I think u r very motivated & can do this I have faith n u
  • kellyw4444
    kellyw4444 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Yo! I am celebrating my 50th this November and I told myself that this is the year that I make myself a priority and become the active, fit, healthy woman that I want to be for the rest of my life. I, too, have 3 kids and it has been all about them for the last 21 years. This is my year. I have been on the gain/lose/gain more cycle for the last 20 years and I have decided that this is it. I started January 1st and 5 months in I am halfway there. Right on schedule. I have 5 months more to reach my goal before my birthday and I am looking for more friends to cheer on, along the way! You can do this - it is going to happen for you! MFP has been the best tool ever for me to feel in control of my eating, exercise and weight loss.
  • Itstimeyo
    Itstimeyo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I’m not sure how this app works yet as far as the community post but I sure appreciate all the love and encouragement. I don’t know how to add friend but I’ll figure it out! Hugs to you all!!
  • krhubert
    krhubert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Yo! I turned 60 last November and have been on the yo-yo (no pun) weight loss/gain my whole life. My mom passed away 3 years ago from a stroke. She had diabetes and high bp. I was going down that road and decided last July to really do something about it. So I started with MFP and allow for 1200 calories per day. I’m not strict about what I eat - just that it’s around 1200 calories per day. Plus 64 ozs of water. This method has worked for me and I’ve lost 60 lbs to date! I look at calories like its money and I only have so much to spend per day so I have to make choices. It has allowed me to basically eat what I want, just have to count it! You can do this! If I can do it, you can too! This is such a great tool! :)