8 Week Keto Challenge (Post before and after)

Options

Replies

• 0704Johnston
    0704Johnston Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My ketostix was darker today... woo hoo! And I stuck to my food plan
  • cherilynn8
    cherilynn8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in also.. Hope that is okay!! Been doing lowcarb for years and years.. Lost about 130 pounds.. Would like to lose 30 more! I am hoping to shave that off during the challenge!! cheri :)
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have not been focusing too much on ketosis. I generally keep my carbs low by habit, but I am more strict about the fasting than the carbs at this point. Day four now. Lost another 2.5 lbs since I posted last. Keep going guys! You can do this!
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    I have not been focusing too much on ketosis. I generally keep my carbs low by habit, but I am more strict about the fasting than the carbs at this point. Day four now. Lost another 2.5 lbs since I posted last. Keep going guys! You can do this!

Congrats on the success!
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    cherilynn8 wrote: »
    I am in also.. Hope that is okay!! Been doing lowcarb for years and years.. Lost about 130 pounds.. Would like to lose 30 more! I am hoping to shave that off during the challenge!! cheri :)

Welcome, Cheri!
  • 0704Johnston
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I normally try not to snack so much but I feel like a bottomless pit (PMS?)

Looked for filling low carb options that won't put me over my tight calorie restriction. Wishing I hadn't had bacon this morning (even though I waited until 5 hours after I wokeup) since it's keto friendly but not filling for long for the calories.

B - sf/lc Chai tea latte, then later, applewood smoked bacon

S - dill pickle quarter

S - string cheese

L - Thin sliced deli ham, ultra thin sharp cheddar slices wrapped around LC veggies (skipped the mayo so I can eat more volume lol)

S - 1 serving epic pork rinds, decaf tea with lc milk

D - "taco" salad (shredded lettuce, seasoned ground beef, fiesta blend cheese, sour cream onion and cilantro)

S - sf gelatin

1250 cal, 22 carb
  • MeekaU
    MeekaU Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge starting tomorrow. Hope it's not too late to join
  • omerfkhan
    omerfkhan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in too

Today I completed third week of keto and feeling more energetic than ever before sorry I started before lol
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    02 June
    Macros: 94g protein, total carbs 14g, net carbs 5g, 49g of fat
    SW - 231.8 in this group
    CW - 230.6
    Loss - 1.2

I have found that sticking to the fast 18:6 have got easier. Another high point is that my focus is shifting from continuously eating to remembering to eat. Tweeking to lower protein.

• RockinBaker5210
    RockinBaker5210 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in too if it's not too late to join. I've been doing strict low carb/keto for the past week. I've been toying with the idea of IF. Weekdays, I usually only have unsweetened iced coffee with a little cream in the mornings sip on that until lunch, so I am pretty much already there. Weekends, I do have a little bit of breakfast in place of the coffee. Overall, I would like to lose 30-35 pounds. Short-ish term goal is to lose 20 by October. My macros are set to 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Assuming I stick to plan today: 1250 cal, 14 carb, 88 pro, 96 fat

B - sf/lc Chai tea latte, then three sausage links

S - 1/2 vanilla premier protein shake with lc milk (calorie count down) mixed in for volume, 1tbsp mct oil mixed in, matcha powder (iced sf/lc matcha tea latte)

L - Tuna and mayo with pepper, cello cheese whips as crackers and orange bell pepper slices, maybe a dill pickle quarter

D - Chicken thigh marinated in home made italian dressing and baked crisp (skin on) and 5 spears asparagus with a bit of mayo for dipping, followed by some sf jello
  • 0704Johnston
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Welcome aek585, omerfkhan, meekaU
    I didn't start the challenge but I don't think it's too late to jump in!
  • TooMuchChocolate88
    TooMuchChocolate88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    sounds fun! I'm in.
  • qwebster01
    qwebster01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I did low carb/ high fat before, and I'm restarting it.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Welcome, TooMuchChocolate and qwebster01!

My day

Fasted 1.6 mile run/walk intervals (base training for half marathon, day 1)

B - half a premier protein shake with 11oz Low Carb (calorie countdown) milk, 1tsp MCT oil, ice and matcha blended in (iced matcha tea latte).... then a bit later - 3 sausage links and 2 bacon

L - 2.5oz tuna mixed with 23g mayo and pepper; 28g cello cheese whisps as crackers for dipping, and a quarter dill pickle on the side

D - 3oz pan fried ham steak, 170g green beans dipped in tbsp mayo, followed by some SF gelatin (great value brand is half the calories of jello brand)

S - IF it's too hot in the afternoon (our AC is broken and we leave the windows open all night to cool the house, then close up the house in the morning) then I may have a SF popsicle (15 cal)

1,242 calories, 24 total (not net) carbs, 89 protein
    358 calories burned on run
  • BluDiSwift
    BluDiSwift Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge! I have been doing Keto for 21 days now :) I will join and try and hold myself accountable, I am entering week 4 today. Thank you for posting.
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys for being MIA on the weekend. I'm glad to see more people joined! Welcome!

For Friday I did great even when going out on Friday night, I did drink but stuck with whiskey and kept it under 3 drinks. As far as Sat and Sunday it was a bit harder to be honest. But I still counted all carbs and I stayed at about 40 net carbs. Not as low as during the week but I'm proud of myself because I didn't cheat and go all out as I would have. I still ate pretty clean just allowed myself a bit bigger window.

Today is Monday and week 2 and staying strong!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Welcome, TooMuchChocolate and qwebster01!

My day

Fasted 1.6 mile run/walk intervals (base training for half marathon, day 1)

B - half a premier protein shake with 11oz Low Carb (calorie countdown) milk, 1tsp MCT oil, ice and matcha blended in (iced matcha tea latte).... then a bit later - 3 sausage links and 2 bacon

L - 2.5oz tuna mixed with 23g mayo and pepper; 28g cello cheese whisps as crackers for dipping, and a quarter dill pickle on the side

D - 3oz pan fried ham steak, 170g green beans dipped in tbsp mayo, followed by some SF gelatin (great value brand is half the calories of jello brand)

S - IF it's too hot in the afternoon (our AC is broken and we leave the windows open all night to cool the house, then close up the house in the morning) then I may have a SF popsicle (15 cal)

1,242 calories, 24 total (not net) carbs, 89 protein
    358 calories burned on run

amazing day!! you're doing great!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    shallid1 wrote: »
    02 June
    Macros: 94g protein, total carbs 14g, net carbs 5g, 49g of fat
    SW - 231.8 in this group
    CW - 230.6
    Loss - 1.2

I have found that sticking to the fast 18:6 have got easier. Another high point is that my focus is shifting from continuously eating to remembering to eat. Tweeking to lower protein.

so great to hear the fast has gotten easier! I allow myself a coffee with cream and that helps me so much in the morning and keeps me full until 12 or 1pm.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Monday week 2: happy with my macros today! (Attaching here)
    Wasn’t overly hungry today which I liked and had a delicious salad at panera the green goddess salad which has chicken bacon an egg avocado and greens! Perfect for keto :)

Also worked out at home very happy about it cause I hate exercise lol but even doing 30 mins I know helps so I did squats, sit ups, lunges and some arm exercises! Will try and keep it up this whole week!

84gcam1awmy8.png