Sweet snack

Options
2»

Replies

• MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I make my own trail mix (store bought ones have soy (I’m allergic) and too much sodium). When I have a chocolate craving I throw in some dark chocolate chips:

Also you can take chocolate protein powder and turn it into a pudding. And pb fit makes it taste like a Reese. Or just go plain chocolate and add real whipped cream and strawberries.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1-2 squares of 86% dark chocolate. About 60 calories per square and supposedly has healt benefits too
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Would substituting for fruit help you? Its cherry and strawberry season!
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    4 tablespoons of almond butter, 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of cocoa all melted over low heat. add a little liquid stevia of your choice to taste or powdered stevia. pour into mini muffin tins lined with paper cups or in silicone pans, and freeze. you've got a good fat treat that YOU know what you put into it. these are great for chocolate cravings - xo
  • run2brazil
    run2brazil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes are delicious! That with some peanut butter (or pb2) and a banana cut up, with whipped cream, is my latest snack obsession
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just made chocolate rolls with two ingredient dough and dark chocolate. Totally yum at 80 calories and 4 protein each. 2 at a time would do it.

lk5kwzgtrqvs.jpg

@melissa6771, what are the two ingredients? Looks tasty!
  • sexylee35
    sexylee35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gffs wrote: »
    If you're craving chocolate regularly, you may be low in magnesium. I was a chocolate addict before I started taking magnesium daily (250 - 1000 mg/day). Now, I only eat a piece once in a while and I can stop at just one or two pieces. Americans are often low in magnesium which also can help your bowel movements. You'll know if you've taken too much.

Regarding the snack, prunes and plums sweet and low in calories. Halva is delicious but definitely not low in calories (at least the sesame based halva).

And sometimes, you should just eat the chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Try to use the higher quality chocolate that is full of cocoa butters but not as high in sugar.
    gffs wrote: »
    If you're craving chocolate regularly, you may be low in magnesium. I was a chocolate addict before I started taking magnesium daily (250 - 1000 mg/day). Now, I only eat a piece once in a while and I can stop at just one or two pieces. Americans are often low in magnesium which also can help your bowel movements. You'll know if you've taken too much.

Regarding the snack, prunes and plums sweet and low in calories. Halva is delicious but definitely not low in calories (at least the sesame based halva).

And sometimes, you should just eat the chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Try to use the higher quality chocolate that is full of cocoa butters but not as high in sugar.

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions for me too! Thanks!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolaty delight cereal! (110 cal per cup). Perfect for cravings.Pour a 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk at 40 cal over your cereal. Chocolate whammy!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I just made chocolate rolls with two ingredient dough and dark chocolate. Totally yum at 80 calories and 4 protein each. 2 at a time would do it.

lk5kwzgtrqvs.jpg

@melissa6771, what are the two ingredients? Looks tasty!

@jenilla1

Totally missed this! The two ingredient dough is fat free plain Greek yogurt and self rising flour. Here's the recipe for the cinnamon ones. I just used dark chocolate chips instead. Light butter if I use butter. Made little ones.

https://myskinnysweettooth.com/2017/01/15/greek-yogurt-cinnamon-rolls/comment-page-1/#comment-4805