Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Half Marathon

emorym
emorym Posts: 344
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got home from running my first half marathon. I felt good after the finish. All the training I have done has paid off. :smile: I trained with a group and all of us finished. I had a goal of under 3 hours and made it with about 7 minutes to spare. It is amazing that before this past September I didn't run at all.

Thanks I just had to share:smile:

Replies

• emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    I just got home from running my first half marathon. I felt good after the finish. All the training I have done has paid off. :smile: I trained with a group and all of us finished. I had a goal of under 3 hours and made it with about 7 minutes to spare. It is amazing that before this past September I didn't run at all.

Thanks I just had to share:smile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Emory,
    Congratulations!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: A half-marathon is quite an accomplishment, especially for somebody who was, until recently, a non-runner. Keep up the good work!

I have my next half coming up two weeks from today. Got my last really long run in yesterday (15 miles), so now it is time to taper a bit to rest these old legs!
  • Congratulations!! I have my first half marathon in April and I am so excited!!
  • wow - what an accomplishment! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.