4 weeks no loss

Options
I’ve been tracking my diet for almost a month, mostly staying under my calorie goal (1200) , and have had only weight gain. Of course the gain I chalked up to water retention, but I’m starting to get really frustrated.
Anyone have similar experience?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? How are you measuring your intake?
  • pettyone
    pettyone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a great way to confirm how much you’re eating - I recommend getting one. It’s an eye-opener!
  • MamaNess2018
    MamaNess2018 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’m 5’0” right now around 124 lbs. quit smoking March 2nd and had a surgery May 10th, but I’m trying to get back down to my normal range 110 - 115.
    I track my intake with MFP and try not to eat back calories from exercise.
    It’s just frustrating to go through all the effort and not see ANY results.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Not how you track, but how do you measure what you are eating? Are you using a food scale? If not, that's what you need to do. If you haven't lost anything in a month, you are eating too many calories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    with so little to lose its going to be slow coming off. maybe even less than half a lb a month slow. if you arent using a food scale you could be eating too many calories like musicfan68 said.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You're already in the healthy weight range, so it's going to be slow and it will help if your logging is spot on.

You should be expecting 0.5lbs per week, which can really easily hide behind water weight fluctuations, sometimes for several weeks. When I was losing the last 10, I saw the scale move @ once per month.

Double check that the entries you are using in the database are correct - many are user-entered and wrong.

Use a food scale for all solids as often as possible. Eye-balling and volume measurements are not as accurate and can leave a big chunk of calories unlogged.

Do a gut check and make sure you are logging everything - cooking oil, condiments, beverages, nibbles, dressings, bad days, everything.

Hang in there!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0” right now around 124 lbs. quit smoking March 2nd and had a surgery May 10th, but I’m trying to get back down to my normal range 110 - 115.
    I track my intake with MFP and try not to eat back calories from exercise.
    It’s just frustrating to go through all the effort and not see ANY results.

But how are you measuring those calories? Food scale? Cups and spoons? Eyeballing portions?

If you were truly eating 1200 calories without exercise calories (which you should be eating) your weight would be dropping. If not, you're likely eating more than you think.