Looking for a female friend on the same journey

Hi, my name is Beth. I am looking for another female on the same journey I am on. I have around 50 pounds to lose to be at my "ideal weight". I use myfitnesspal every day to keep me on my daily calories of 1200 or less and walk or use my eliptical 3 times a week. I want to connect with someone with the same amount to lose who is actively involved in success.

Replies

• BalancedLife2021
    BalancedLife2021 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi, Beth! My name is Michelle and I'm close to the same journey as you! I want to lose closer to 55 pounds, am a working Minnesota mom of 2 daughters (ages 11 and 14). I'm on 1,800 calories a day just to lose it slowly and keep it off. I walk a lot (trying for 30 minutes a day) and do yoga as often as I can. I'm 47 and really want to get this weight off in the next year. It's been too long of putting it off.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    bethacombs wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Beth. I am looking for another female on the same journey I am on. I have around 50 pounds to lose to be at my "ideal weight". I use myfitnesspal every day to keep me on my daily calories of 1200 or less and walk or use my eliptical 3 times a week. I want to connect with someone with the same amount to lose who is actively involved in success.

1200 is the BARE minimum that a woman should eat to avoid the health problems that come with under eating.
    That few of calories is usually only for the vertically challenged or older individuals. Please do not eat below 1200 calories!

Is it possible that you are trying to lose too fast?
    What do you have your rate of loss at?
  • RandiJustine0810
    RandiJustine0810 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Beth! Welcome!!
    I’m on a similar path looking to about 50/70lbs
    I’m also walking to help me lose the weight. Would love to exchange tips and ideas.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Hi Beth! I'm Amy, also a Minnesota mom like YogiLife2018. I started MFP this past winter and have lost 20 pounds with about 20 to go. I walk, bike, or row every morning so that I can eat about 1800 calories a day. So far I have lost a pound a week, which is what I'm aiming for. I have a lot to learn and hope that I can get this weight off and keep it off.