7 Month Progress!! *Pics*

Options
shalynna89
shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
Today I achieved something seven months ago I never thought I would or could do! I have always wanted to believe I could and even tried to but never did. I have been overweight/obese for about the past 10 years..kinda sad coming from a 22 year old. Its been 10 years of gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again, and just not caring about my health…Becoming a Mother started to change that! I didn’t start this journey until my son was 9 months old and I had hit my highest weight at 243 pounds. One day while playing with him I noticed how tired and out of breath I was and thought, ‘’He’s only 9 months old how’s it going to be when he’s walking and running around?” It was that day I knew I needed to change! Not only for me but for my family. Growing up I remember always being outside and going to do this with my mom, I love having those memories and want to make those same type of memories with my kids. Over the years my mom gained weight and never took the time to take care of herself because she was busy taking care of 4 crazy kids. About 3 ½ years ago she decided to change her lifestyle and lost 150 pounds-no surgeries or extreme diets, purely by exercising and eating right! I am so very grateful to her for doing so!! It may not have effected me right away but it eventually did! She has been my biggest inspiration and supporter! I learned from her its worth finding the time out of each day to stay healthy because in one way or another my health will affect my children.
I started changing my life in January, the past 7 months have been very tough, fustrating, exhausting, but overall the best 7 months of my life! I have proven to myself along with others I could do something I never though I would or could. I am a better person, wife, and mother because of the past few months! I owe a lot to MFP and everyone on it. You all inspire and motivate me more than you could ever know.
I am not done with my journey nor will I ever be! I started out wanting to lose 83 pounds..as of this morning I have lost 70 of that. I WILL lose the other 13 pounds if not more. But right now, today, even though I’m not at my goal, I feel great and proud. To me its awesome knowing I’m smaller than I can ever remember being, besides when I was a little kid, and that I‘m only 7 pounds from not being considered overweight! And not only being smaller, but that I’m healthier and I’ve bettered my life and will be around and a more active mom for my kids!
To those of you just starting out or maybe struggling DON’T GIVE UP!!! If I can lose 70+ pounds you can to! You may have more or less but its very do-able! And being here on MFP is a great step in doing so.
NOW FOR THE PICTURES!!

This was me at my heaviest weight at 9 months pregnant, after my pregnancy I regained upto that weight, and the other is of me Now!!
bd70.jpg

The first 2 are the first pictures I decided to take when I stated losing i was around 20 pounds down at that point.
2t7-1.jpg

Side by Side shot of me Now!
70-1.jpg

Replies

• maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW this is so awesome. Congrats!
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    OMG!!! You look soo great! Congrats! :D AH!! :D
  • Whitney080
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Good job!! A real inspiration! :D I'm wanting to lose 75-80 pounds myself! My journey is only beginning though.. (:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Big difference! you look awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    you look amazing!! im so proud of you!! its definitely tough but well worth every moment
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww. Your tummy looks great! Truth be told, I'm most jealous of the progress in your arms! They look about HALF what you started with! Amazing work!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you are doing so well for yourself, I also started January this year and have lost 60lbs so far, a lot has changed since then. I wanted to say you are doing super and you are doing it all for the right reasons... Have a great journey
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Omg! In 7 months you lost 70 pounds!? Goodness that must have been difficult! I wish I could do the same. I just started this whole calorie counting thing I'm hoping it's more helpful than my old method (work out as much as I could and not pay attention to the food I was eating).

Great work!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    wow...........7 months, you put me to shame, looking good chick x
  • shalynna89
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments!! I really appreciate it:)
  • shawn_chas102304
    Options
    Way to go!!! I have lost 21 and still have 61 to go and I'm almost 3 months into my journey. People like you are proof that it can happen!!!!! :)
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    You look super. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
  • KerryLou_19
    Options
    you look great, well done (:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! The time it takes doesn't matter, the results (and you have excellent results) are the important thing. Took me 5 yars to get fat. 4 months so far to get reasonably back in shape.

Keep it up, you're doing FAB!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Thank you so much for your inspiring story! You're incredibly beautiful, and how wonderful that you're going to be able to be the active mom that you want to be!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • shalynna89
    Options
    Again thank you all for your nice words:).it makes my day!
  • pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look awesome!
  • rozie229
    rozie229 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - keep it up!!!!!!
  • dmw907
    dmw907 Posts: 14
    Options
    Your post was so inspirational! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!