Fitbit Charge 2

Options
Im considering getting a fitbit charge 2... Let me hear from those of you that have one or have had one. Pros? Cons? Would you reccommend? Ease of data transfer? Set up? Accuracy? Etc.

Replies

• Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One thing I don’t like. Is I can’t figure how to separate. Daily steps. From run walk steps
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I got one about 2 months ago and I like it. I don’t worry about tracking any separate exercises, I just let the Fitbit do its calorie counting and port over to MFP and it works great. At first I didn’t think it was right (because the calories burned were really high), but in comparing deficits to actual weight loss, it’s pretty close.
  • kierrakins
    kierrakins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. Set up was super easy, and it really helps remind me to move more since I have a desk job. I tried in the beginning to get the data to transfer to MFP, but failed in my first attempt so I just gave up lol.

But I am honestly not sure how accurate the calories burned are, because I average over 3,000 calories burned a day. Since I try to stick to 1200 consumed calories, I should be dropping weight like crazy, but I lose maybe 1 pound every 2 weeks.

Since I don't think accuracy is perfect, if you do sync it to MFP, maybe be careful when eating back your calories burned during workouts.
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Is there a better one you could recommend (STRICTLY UNDER $40?)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a while. I really like it. One advantage over the earlier model is that you can easily replace the band. I switched mine out for a metal wristband with a magnet closure and it was only about $12 on Amazon.

Pros: Fitbit app is easy to understand, I like the integration with MFP for calorie adjustments, it's been very accurate for me personally, customer service has been great (I've been using Fitbit for years and sometimes have to have a replacement), set-up is easy, I can easily find my data.

Cons: If you want advanced tracking of your data, it may not be for you (serious runners may want a more run-specific device, for example), you can't use it for swimming, they're not always the most durable (but if you're under warranty, Fitbit will replace it).

But even with those cons, I don't think you're going to find a better tracker for under $40.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    kierrakins wrote: »
    I really like mine. Set up was super easy, and it really helps remind me to move more since I have a desk job. I tried in the beginning to get the data to transfer to MFP, but failed in my first attempt so I just gave up lol.

But I am honestly not sure how accurate the calories burned are, because I average over 3,000 calories burned a day. Since I try to stick to 1200 consumed calories, I should be dropping weight like crazy, but I lose maybe 1 pound every 2 weeks.

Since I don't think accuracy is perfect, if you do sync it to MFP, maybe be careful when eating back your calories burned during workouts.

If you are really burning 3000 calories you shold eat more. If you don't your metabolism slows down and you won't lose as quickly. There is no need to have more than a 1000 calorie deficit. That's healthy and sustainable weightloss. You are at risk of all sorts of awful things if you have a larger deficit. I know it feel backwards but increase your intake closer to 2000 and it will make a difference
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I really like mine, it was easy to link up with MyFitnessPal and I love having all of this data available at a glance. It separates my daily walking from my intentional walks I do for fitness-I set it to record walking after 15 consecutive minutes and it’s great. I find it very accurate and I feel very comfortable eating back the adjustment it gives me.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    There is a “Fitbit Users” group here that has a lot of good information also.
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There is a “Fitbit Users” group here that has a lot of good information also.

Thank you for this info as i didnt know this existed.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge 2. I was an early adopter and have had FitBits since the first generation, but I've been hanging on to my old FitBit One for years and avoiding the wristband models. I prefer to wear an actual watch, especially at work. The features of the Charge 2 are great though, and now that I'm getting seriously devoted to my fitness again, I'm utilizing all of its features.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr, earlier version. The charge 2 is good because it has a replaceable band. With the hr it is one piece and you have to replace the whole fitbit if the band is damaged.

Setup was easy. Customer service is good. My steps seem accurate

I have not had any other tracker,
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Charge 2 for 5 months, they are spendy for my budget but I have been very happy with it. I wear it 24x7 except in the shower, set mfp to sedentary, sync from fitbit, eat my calories, lost my last 8 lbs and now maintain. Burn is pretty dead on for me at 1600-2200 depending on the day (desk job). I like the relax feature, mini mindfulness. Like the dashboard, resting hr, and sleep assessment.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I dont eat back all my exercise calories because for me it seems to over estimate it as well, I should be losing way more than I am if I use those numbers and what I'm eating but I think its reasonably accurate.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge 2. I use it to track activity. I don't sync the calories with MFP. I have activity set to sedentary and any exercise calories merely increase my deficit. That method is working for me to the tune of 5-8lbs weight loss per month.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Jadub729 wrote: »
    I love mine! I dont eat back all my exercise calories because for me it seems to over estimate it as well, I should be losing way more than I am if I use those numbers and what I'm eating but I think its reasonably accurate.

Ditto this. I should be losing weight quickly if the numbers my Charge 2 gave me were correct, unfortunately it seems to over estimate in my case.
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love mine, but ignore the calories burned. I bought it second hand for half price, I'd recommend getting it second hand.