Tuna Salad recipes

Options
Ccano88
Ccano88 Posts: 51 Member
Bought a few cans of tuna and am going to put it together. What makes a tasty low carb tuna salad?

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with cottage cheese, and add relish, and/or spicy seasonings. Tastes great wrapped in a big piece of lettuce, my personal favorite is to add jalapenos and taco seasoning and eat it like tacos.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like green apple in mine (glad I'm not counting carbs).
  • miaow828
    miaow828 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to use either mustard, light mayo or avocado. I chop up hard boiled eggs to mix in along with onions and celery. Finding a good seasoning mix helps too like cayenne, garlic salt, dill, and lemon pepper.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm a simple girl. This is how I make mine. I use the 70 calorie packs of the water-packed tuna.

I mix the tuna with about 1.5 tablespoons of olive-oil light mayo (gotta be Dukes), about a teaspoon of mustard (yellow, spicy or Dijon) , about 2 tablespoons minced celery and several good shakes of dried dill, a little S&P. (measurements are not exact...I eyeball it)

Every one loves their tuna a different way and after much experimenting, this is what I settled on. I love it...I could eat it every day.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I use one can and one pouch of tuna and mix in chopped celery, pickle or relish, green onion, salt, white pepper, a little Dijon mustard, a little olive oil mayo, and some plain greek yogurt. It is very good.
  • Ccano88
    Ccano88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all that. I did a mixture of everyones input. I put a little garlic salt and pepper, dill relish, purple onion, light mayo, and boiled egg. It came out delicious!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    horseradish :) makes it spicy