Tall girls what should I aim for?

Options
Hi I’ve been overweight my whole adult life. Was diagnosed at 20 with a goitre on my thyroid and had surgery and was put on 100mgs of thyroxine. My heaviest weight last September was 388lbs. I lost 5lbs then joined slimming world in the UK and have since lost a further 42lbs so 47 in total. I am 5ft 11 and have a long way to go. To start with my weight loss was painfully slow half a pound a week but I knew I had to keep going no matter what and eventually all those half pounds would add up. For the last 6 weeks I’ve been following the same diet but sticking to around 1600 calories a day with a few hundred more on the days I’ve done exercise. In those 6 weeks I’ve lost. stone so that’s given me a real boost.I would love to be 5 stone down by the end of August.
I’ve read so many posts of tall girls and what their goal weight is (lots around 140/150lbs) omg that seems so skinny to me. The least I ever remember being was at uni and about 220lbs and I looked really slim. I am proud of myself but then also get very down about how far I still have to go. I’m always wishing I was 5 stone down, 6 stone down etc and don’t really pat myself on the back for what I have lost and the bingeing I’ve not done in 8 months. The reality is to get me to so 188lbs I need to loose 200lbs in total and then even then that may be still too heavy??
Messes with your head this weight loss but I know I will do it this time.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    5'9, and my goal is a muscular 170.

But don't worry about that yet. My goal weight has changed several times.
  • lyndsfattofit
    lyndsfattofit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and I got down to 230 previously and I felt a good medium.
    I think get down to there and assess from there once you know you can maintain there
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't worry about a long term final goal. I like the idea of the med-way goal. Go for the 220, celebrate, and decide from there.

I'm 5'8.5" and my goal is 150lbs.
  • kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I’m 6’1” and more muscular than average, for me I like to maintain around 190, if I hit 175-180 I can see abs. But that being said everyone is different, and everyone’s journey is different. Do whatever makes you the most comfortable
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", currently at 198. I've set my goal for 135 but the more I read about muscle building and recomposition the more I think that I'm going to start lifting and not worry so much about what my final weight is, as long as I like the way I look. I don't think muscle development and my stated goal are completely incompatible, either. (That probably makes more sense in my head than it does seeing it in print.)
  • bertabugg
    bertabugg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'11, when I was 170lbs at 25 I was wearing a juniors size 10 and that was before all the sizing changes. I was curvy but thin, when I hit 190 I was wearing a misses 10 and looking back at pictures I was thin. My goal is to hit 190 and review how I look. I currently wear a woman's size 14 and have 70 pounds until my goal weight.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'9 so I'm tallish for a female I guess. I weigh anywhere from 133-143 . At 143+ I can no longer see any visible abs or definition . I can get down as low as 126 but it isn't sustainable for long periods for me.
    I wear size 4 or 6 sometimes depending on the brand. size small or medium .
  • drivingahead
    drivingahead Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I really like the idea of getting to 230iah and going from there. I remember being 15st 10lbs and feeling really slim....aren’t we tall ladies lucky although at the other end it’s taken me loosing over 3 stone before anyone has noticed my weight loss!