In a funk...

Options
HilTri
HilTri Posts: 378 Member
I felt like I was at the top of my game with my daily lifts, spin classes, and hikes. I started eating more and able to work harder at exercise after years of not eating enough and feeling tired. I was bitten by and pulled two ticks off of me and starts to get sick and very tired and fatigued. I went to the doc and was put on Doxycycline to treat Lyme's Disease. I have no energy to get through my day, much less go to the gym. This is dreadful. I want my fighting spirit back. I don't know how long this will last but naturally I want to get back to my old self and routine. I also want to say that the ticks seem to be really bad on the east coast. Spray up with bug spray if you are an outdoor enthusiast!

Replies

• vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I keep reading articles about the recent dangers with ticks ... I wonder what caused this ticks to spin out of control and be so harmful
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Use the same fight you had for exercise to fight off this illness and get your strength back ... good luck in your journey
  • HilTri
    Options
    I think, but am not certain that it is because we had a mild winter.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to read about your Lyme disease. A family friend has it and I know he really struggled with energy for a good period of time. I don't have good advice other than to say take it easy on yourself. Prior to our friend having it I didn't truly understand how much Lyme could affect a person on a daily basis. I'm a bit paranoid about ticks now (very common out by by garden.)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I googled Lyme energy recovery but I got a bunch of vinegar detox nonsense. While I believe in mainly getting what you need from food I probably would be supplementing during recovery with at least a multi-vitamin.

Well, I was of no real help. Maybe someone with actual experience will come along with better advice.

I hope this passes quickly for you.
  • HilTri
    Options
    Thanks. Love the vinegar detox reference!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I can't exactly relate, but going through a bad injury myself and losing my energy and strength I can relate. Hugs!
  • HilTri
    Options
    Thanks and hugs right back atcha! We just have to remember that we won't lose all the hard work we did in a short amount of time. We'll hang in there.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't have any real suggestions just want to offer support! Lyme disease is a nasty ordeal and I wish you all the best! I live in Western NY and the ticks have been horrendous this spring!
  • HilTri
    Options
    Thanks. I've been tempted to take my dogs tick med! Just kidding but if there was a preventative pill for people, I'd be all over it.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I’ve had Lyme. Get your dr to keep you in doxy for longer than 2 weeks. Otherwise it’s likely that it will just come back.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i would suggest all your energy is going to healing your body. it needs rest to heal.
    be kind to your body
    with proper care, hopefully, you should get back much of your energy. start small for now, nice hikes and rides with lots of bug spray.

i know how you feel. i've never had tick issues previously but found many crawling on me and three attached to my dogs despite flea and tick for them and deep woods for me
  • HilTri
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    I’ve had Lyme. Get your dr to keep you in doxy for longer than 2 weeks. Otherwise it’s likely that it will just come back.

Thanks. They have me on a 21 day prescription. I hope that cuts the mustard. Thank you.