What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I screw up when I get to even numbers, 180, 170, etc. It's like my brain says "woo hoo, let's party!" I eat all the things, gain 3-4 pounds, and have to fight it back down. I know I do this. I even recognize it happening, and I still can't seem to not do it.

This is me as well. I get so excited every damn time and go crazy.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Exercising! Far too many times I have found myself in the midst of a Netflix binge instead of at the gym
  • casillasdiana51
    casillasdiana51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I KEEP EATING! :'(:s:( I was doing my own thing for a year and a half. I lost 75lbs on my own. Then I plateaued. I sought out the help of an online coach. I lost 20-22lbs in 3 months. I was happy with the results but the diet was VERY restrictive. I think I went crazy after I got off of it. So I think i'm still dealing with residual food deprivation syndrome©. I just made that up; don't steal it!

q38k4iz5thnw.gif

I feel like people shouldn’t feel so deprived about eating and feel so guilty if they end up getting a bit off track. I think my advice is enjoy your journey and don’t let cloudy days rain on your parade. You got this!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I KEEP EATING! :'(:s:( I was doing my own thing for a year and a half. I lost 75lbs on my own. Then I plateaued. I sought out the help of an online coach. I lost 20-22lbs in 3 months. I was happy with the results but the diet was VERY restrictive. I think I went crazy after I got off of it. So I think i'm still dealing with residual food deprivation syndrome©. I just made that up; don't steal it!

I feel like people shouldn’t feel so deprived about eating and feel so guilty if they end up getting a bit off track. I think my advice is enjoy your journey and don’t let cloudy days rain on your parade. You got this!

In my case, I kinda need to deprive myself. I lack self control. I just finished working out & i ate 4-5 cookies for snack. Before I sat down to eat, I told myself to only eat 3 cookies & some fruit. But the cookies were tasty and I had more than I planned to. :cry:
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am wishy-washy. I don't do anything consistently. I track and eat "appropriately" until I get home (or on the way home) and then go off the chain. And what am I supposed to be eating anyway? CICO? Low Carb? Keto? And then there is exercise....Have not been able to find anything that I stick with.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The bane of my existence has been the online ordering/deliver apps like favor. Deleting them off my phone hasn't helped I'll redownload just to have someone bring me taco bell on the weekends...