breakfast, lunch and snacks for working individuals??

Options
2»

Replies

• thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i cook/make my lunches the night or two nights before & keep them refridgerated. i also keep snacks like string cheese, carrots and hummus at work.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: I either have cereal and berries (not muss no fuss) in the morning when they're in season or dried fruit in the winter while I'm watching TV and waiting for my morning joe to brew. I hard boil eggs in advance and keep them in the fridge and have 2 eggwhites, an ounce of cheese, and a slice of bread on the days that I go to workout first thing so that I can eat in the lockerroom while I'm getting dressed.
    snacks: morning snack is usually a piece of fruit (apple, pear, peach), afternoon snack is usually a carb and maybe some protein (rice cake and peanutbutter) . . . today however I misbehaved at lunch and ate my afternoon snack calories at lunch.
    lunches: I have lots of to go containers and I pack up my lunch the night before. I do 90% of my cooking on Sunday and make sure that I'm making stuff that can easily go into a container, in the microwave, and into my mouth at my desk.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of granola for breakfasts. Have some in a bowl with almond milk or in some yogurt with fruit. When I get bored of granola I have eggs and toast.

For lunches I usually have re-made leftovers from the night before. Or whatever happens to be in my fridge. I do these lunch boxes that are similar to Japanese bento boxes. You can check them out on my blog. (link in my sig) They are a bit high calorie than I think what most folks look for but since I don't snack much and my calorie goals allow it....they're perfect for me. They keep me nice and satisfied until dinner and taste waaaaaay better than anything frozen and definitely better than a trip to mcdonalds! ~_^

Edit:
    Granola recipe

About 18 servings, 2/3 cup ea
    Keep in air-tight container, 3 weeks room temp

6-8 cups old fashioned oats
    1 1/2 cups Peanuts
    1/4 cup Almond Slivers
    1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
    1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
    1/2 cup Ground Wheat Germ or Ground Flaxseed
    1 cup canola oil
    1 1/2 cups Honey
    1 cup Dried Mixed Berries

In a large bowl mix together everything except oil and honey. In a separate bowl whisk together honey and oil until well combined. Pour honey/oil over the oats/nuts and mix until well coated. Spread onto two cookie sheets and bake for 1.5 hours at 250° F. Switch the cookie sheets on the racks and mix the granola every 15 minutes. When done, immediately transfer to a large bowl and stir in dried berries. Let cool for a couple hours without a lid or covering and stirring every 20 minutes or so to avoid large clumping.
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump, Great stuff everyone!
  • juji2099
    juji2099 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump