Who else can not take the heat??

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    bojack3 wrote: »
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    I was a deveote sun junky, and living in Arizona suited me to a "T" since I was a kid, but the last few years I find the heat hits me a bit more and I can't hang in it like I used to. At almost 50 I guess that is just part of getting older.

EDIT to add...of course, I am talking 115+ degree heat not that nice 95 to 100 degree stuff. So my tolerance is still probably way above most folks. I still love it, but not as much after 110 degrees.

I love the heat, but I will admit, I lived in Phoenix for a year and that's a different animal. Actually, lived in Mesa. 100° felt hot but good, but getting up to 110°+.......that, it's a dry heat stuff don't fly anymore.....it's friggin blast furnace hot. I guess I would still like it better than extreme cold though.

Mesa is much hotter than Phoenix.

If Phoenix is 110 degrees, Mesa will be 112.

Try out Scottsdale, it's only 109 today.

The trick for living in Phoenix is leaving.

... then coming back for the Winter. (it's no big secret, lots of people do it)

last year it hit something like 122. It was great; nobody was out. No traffic, no crowds... it was awesome.

It was like having a blizzard without the ice and snow.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I was a deveote sun junky, and living in Arizona suited me to a "T" since I was a kid, but the last few years I find the heat hits me a bit more and I can't hang in it like I used to. At almost 50 I guess that is just part of getting older.

EDIT to add...of course, I am talking 115+ degree heat not that nice 95 to 100 degree stuff. So my tolerance is still probably way above most folks. I still love it, but not as much after 110 degrees.

I love the heat, but I will admit, I lived in Phoenix for a year and that's a different animal. Actually, lived in Mesa. 100° felt hot but good, but getting up to 110°+.......that, it's a dry heat stuff don't fly anymore.....it's friggin blast furnace hot. I guess I would still like it better than extreme cold though.

last year it hit something like 122. It was great; nobody was out. No traffic, no crowds... it was awesome.

I may be wrong about this because it's been a long time since I was there, but I thought I remember somebody saying that it it 100° or more something like 120 days in a row when I was in Mesa.....is that possible?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

I may be wrong about this because it's been a long time since I was there, but I thought I remember somebody saying that it it 100° or more something like 120 days in a row when I was in Mesa.....is that possible?

yeah, that sounds about right.

I just take it as it comes and don't worry about the heat.

Just prepare for it, and own (or have close access) to a swimming pool.

It also helps to make a road trip to San Diego once in a while.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member

Just prepare for it, and own (or have close access) to a swimming pool.

It also helps to make a road trip to San Diego once in a while.

Yeah, I am around water most the summer and quick trips up north are just an hour or two away to the cooler temps. We used to own a house in Prescott but travel up to Flag more often anymore.

But yup, even with temps already reaching 108 the other day, traffic is cleared and there are many people out and about, so love when the heat hits and the snowbirds leave. Also gotta know the proper spots at the lakes. Party cove at Pleasant is already lit AF with bikinis and beers. <3

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Love it could sleep in the sun all day

Now if we talking humid weather I’ll pass
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I don't mind it hotish. I despise winter and being cold, so there's that. Its hard to enjoy summers in the outdoors when its 90+ temps and 90+ humidity. Even lower temps and high humidity is like swimming in hot soup :smile:

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I don't mind it hotish. I despise winter and being cold, so there's that. Its hard to enjoy summers in the outdoors when its 90+ temps and 90+ humidity. Even lower temps and high humidity is like swimming in hot soup :smile:

Did somebody say there was soup? :p
  • RoxieDawn
    DWBalboa wrote: »

I live in Soupville, USA, so yeah.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member

Soupville, USA??? OMG I know where I want to live out the rest of my life?
  • RoxieDawn

If you love soup this is where its at! :laugh:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

awoco4wqkwob.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    cee134 wrote: »

awoco4wqkwob.jpg

jucdyujqph1i.gif
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    edited June 2018
    I loathe humidity. Give me a desert and I can stand 120oF.

Give me humidity and I die at 70oF

Give me a cold mountain any day over Summer
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    This summer is already abnormally hot for ABQ...we're already hitting mid 90s which we don't usually do until late June and then we usually have 2 or 3 weeks of 100*+ in July and then the monsoons come and cool things down a bit...I'm betting on a record number of 100*+ days this summer.

Once it gets over 100* I'm pretty much out. I can handle it for a couple of weeks, but not all summer. To boot, they are already closing the forests down due to fire danger from the drought so I can't get in my weekend mountain escapes to beat the heat.
  • cee134
    100 degrees in good ol" San Antonio today and I am loving every minute of it!

How humid is it?
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    I love the summer!

Lake days!

It was in the 25C last month but this June seems to be cooling down,
    which in sense is a good thing will keep the forest fires down. Last year it was hard to go anywhere.
  • cee134
    I love the summer!

Lake days!

which in sense is a good thing will keep the forest fires down. Last year it was hard to go anywhere.

25 C = 77 F
  • cee134
    I love the summer!

Lake days!

So I need to mention that 25 C (77 F) is cool and not hot at all.