New to program

Options
Hello everyone I joined premium today to see if it could help me with my weight loss goals. In the last 1.5 yrs I retired from the army, gained over 40 lbs and started drinking a lot more than usual. I have developed some health issues and just recently had back surgery. I am still recovering and limited to excercise, I stopped drinking and smoking in the last 8 months but my weight is still very high. I’m currently 173 lbs and would like to get down to 140, I also started the whole30 diet plan which I like but my weight is t dropping and I’m getting frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong or doing right.

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Are you consuming fewer calories than you expend? Regardless of the "diet plan" you follow, calories in vs. calories out is all that is necessary for weight loss.
  • firewoman1966
    firewoman1966 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure, with whole30 you can’t eat any cheese, milk, pasta and sugar. I haven’t combined the two yet, but whole30 is eating more veggies and less protein. I know my weight hasn’t moved at all and I can’t get past the 170 mark