Determined to eat right and move my body more!

Options
I am a lady in my early 40's and feel pretty crappy. My battle with weight has been a rollercoaster since 2011. It's time to make some serious changes so I don't have to keep fighting this same battle over and over again. I am strong and capable and it's time to prove that to myself. Looking for some like minded female (sorry guys) friends who are supportive and motivating as I will be the same.

Replies

• MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and it's been a similar story. How do you want to kick start, are you starting any specific plan?
    I started tracking weight and excersise over 2 years ago, if I didn't have mfp and the gym I would be stuck!
  • LuvGrub710
    LuvGrub710 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for a kickboxing class with my 14 year old son. I plan to eat less junk and reduce (not eliminate) starchy carbs.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. I lost 170lbs over two years, then took a year break and maintained my weight (180lbs) and worked on body recomp and seeing how much of my saggy skin would tighten up (a lot did). Now I'm back to lose another 20lbs before my surgery.

I've learned a lot about what works for me and how to balance eating healthy and having occasional snacks. I no longer follow any particular diet as I've developed better habits over time. And, yes it takes time.
  • Imuniquelyjazzy
    Imuniquelyjazzy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    41, and want to see major changes before 42. Just got back into the healthy lifestyle thing. Please feel free to friend me ladies