Ladies inderwear good for exercising

Options
I am in need of some new bikini underwear that will be comfortable to exercise in. I am a runner and a weight lifter. Recent pairs I have purchased become uncomfortable when working out moving around and giving me wedgies. I can't buy anything too expensive because I'm a poor college student, but I'm in dire need of something! I can shop at Wal-Mart or online.

Replies

• mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I also forego underwear. Much more comfortable
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I am in need of some new bikini underwear that will be comfortable to exercise in. I am a runner and a weight lifter. Recent pairs I have purchased become uncomfortable when working out moving around and giving me wedgies. I can't buy anything too expensive because I'm a poor college student, but I'm in dire need of something! I can shop at Wal-Mart or online.

Working out preferred knickers for me - boyshorts. I'd tried the gamut (tangas/brazilians/hipster/bikini/thong/...), all of which worked, until they didn't because once your buttocks starts to evolve into the new shape (volume/projection), they just won't - not whilst you're working out lol My only advise for any style, would be to buy whatever number you can afford in your current size and half of that count, a size down, as your transitional knickers, for when you'll drop weight. You do not want to be caught by surprise.

If you opt to go without knickers, consider panty liners.

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I wear none. Try it!
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've tired without underwear. It's not too bad, but I prefer to wear it.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That is a tough one. Ever butt is shaped differently. Boy shorts used to be the best for me but after losing weight bikinis work better now. Boy shorts (now in a smaller side) ride too much. Sadly trying a few different kinds has been the best way to find my new type.

And yeah I don't want to go commando either. I have seen and experienced my own legging holes.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I prefer strings as they dont have visible lines. Usually the right size will stay put during lifting and running. Brand doesn't really matter. I get the cheapest ones from hunkemöller.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

get running shorts with knickers in them?
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I found some nice cheap ones in Decathlon, hidden in a corner of the runner's section. They have thongs and panties, form fitting but in both cases made with wide strips of fabric on the sides which won't dig into your body.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    victoria's secret v string. not only are they durable as hell (i've had some for 8+ years that look brand spanking new) but they don't leave pantylines. and you don't have to worry about feeling a wedgie because the v string feels like literally nothing yet keeps your lady parts covered.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll jump out as the main underwear-wearer in this thread.
    I love the C9 from Target Premium Micro Mesh Perfomance. I use the hipsters, but maybe they have bikini too. I think they're $20 for a pack of 3. I'm heavy with a huge *kitten* and its the first time I'm not constantly picking at my underwear. I think there's less friction between these and my leggings that helps a lot too
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    hanes has an exercise line. different cuts i think. available at walmart.
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look for the Hanes exercise line. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm wanting bikini undies. I've tired athletic things, but they're not for me. Boy shirts always go up in my thighs, which is extremely uncomfortable and annoying. Also I don't care about panty lines when exercising.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I go without, it's more comfortable.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Hanes has some x-temp mesh hipsters that I find pretty comfortable. Fruit of the loom has a mesh bikini. I also like Old Navy running shorts with the built in brief, comfortable for running and lifting if they fit properly.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Hanes has some x-temp mesh hipsters that I find pretty comfortable. Fruit of the loom has a mesh bikini. I also like Old Navy running shorts with the built in brief, comfortable for running and lifting if they fit properly.

Bold.

Both my sis and I prefer boy shorts (mini cut), although going commando has its merits too with a commando panty liner. Proper fitting is key with any style, so as to avoid the "ride up" "anal floss" or "pinching/bunching" issues ++.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    gcconroy29 wrote: »
    I'll jump out as the main underwear-wearer in this thread.
    I love the C9 from Target Premium Micro Mesh Perfomance. I use the hipsters, but maybe they have bikini too. I think they're $20 for a pack of 3. I'm heavy with a huge *kitten* and its the first time I'm not constantly picking at my underwear. I think there's less friction between these and my leggings that helps a lot too

I like the Target ones too. They dry really quickly when running in the heat.

I also like Wal-Mart's two in one shorts, without underwear. It's a little more secure than going commando and there is a lined crotch.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So I just realized that my post automatically censored itself, I can't remember what I put first.

I just need to clarify that I have a big butt, bottom, rear end, tush, hinnie, other euphemisms. I do not have a big anythings that leads me to pick my underwear. I will never post about my huge anything again