Any walkers for fitness on here?

Options
Hi I am looking for other walkers like me for friendship. I love walking! My husband prefers to jog but he walks with me too. Happy to meet you all!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am a daily walker. My friend and I do about 2.5 miles each day during our lunch break at work.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm a walker/hiker! My dog and I do anywhere from 4-8 miles a day. I've been trying to get him running with me but he just won't have it in this heat so we just keep walking early in the morning!
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I walk! I also do cardio on the elliptical and do strength training but most of my calorie burns are from walking 20k steps a day
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I hike and backpack. I simply go out my front door and there's a high ridge I hike to the top of with my dog. I wear a backpack with bottles of water, added weight. I keep my eyes open for large critters, baring in mind I'm not exactly at the top of the food chain where I live and hike. Bears.
  • tinamontoya
    tinamontoya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Its nice to meet you all. I walk four miles everyday except Sunday. I have not walked in about two weeks. My toe was hurting so much and not healing so I stopped to let it heal. I have big critters here where I live. The antelope have not chraged me yet. They just stare at me and go the other way as I watch them closely praying they don’t charge me. I will get back to walking tomorrow morning early as it gets up to the hundreds in temps here.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I love to walk and hike! My day isn't complete without it.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I nordic walk most mornings.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 2 hours daily. When I can't do that, I have a glider in my basement, but I prefer the fresh air and changing scenery.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to burn calories and keep your core strong. I walked for the first 1.5 years here at MFP almost exclusively and lost 130 lbs. I now run and walk, but when the knees are angry at me I tend to walk more than run. I try to get in at least two 4-5 mile walks on the weekends and run 2 miles 2-3 times a week during the week.
  • wutaday1
    wutaday1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would like become a walker. I am also starting a strength training regimen again finally and cycling. But would like to incorporate walking daily. I cannot run because of foot problems but can definitely tolerate walking. :smile:
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes ma’am. I started in FebruAry and have been walking around 10-12k steps daily. It’s really helped to strengthen my body!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise is from walking. Often indoors since it is unbearably hot outdoors right now. I'll often listen to podcasts while walking. I also do the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs some days.
  • NewChapterInMyLife
    NewChapterInMyLife Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Me! I started doing a night walk every night 40 days ago. I've only missed 2 days. I walk 30 mins to 40 min a night. Love it!
  • EifionCockram
    EifionCockram Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love walking and love it. I'm use to walking everywhere as a kid. I currently walk nightly between 8 to 10 km along the seawall here.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My husband and I walk briskly at least 5 evenings a week, more weather permitting.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My dog and I walk a mile every day.