Getting focused again...

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
I've been on and off track for a while now. Went out with hubby for dinner and a movie and contemplated buying new pants while we were out because I was so uncomfortable (this was before we ate). The only clothes that fit me are school clothes and since school is almost out I need to find some dinner clothes that fit if I want to leave my house. I'm setting goals and I'm putting them here so others will see it. I need support. I have motivation but my will power is not so strong. I need to get healthier. I need to get rid of my double chin and my belly. Starting with a goal of 15 lbs over summer break.

June Goals
Weight: 6-8lbs
Water: 64+ oz per day
Veggies: at least 1 serving of fruits out veggies or day
Sleep: in bed by 11pm 6 days per week

I can do it. I will do it.

Replies

• kfields171
    kfields171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I am beginning serious lifestyle changes effective June 1st, only a few days in now but very inspired by my "before" pics (for my eyes only!!!). I am going to lose 22 pounds to goal weight. My goals are to stay within 1200 cal daily of whole organic foods and 60 minutes of speed walking or Wii Walk it Out daily. I will not use exercise earned calories.

We can do this
  • justjennihous
    justjennihous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually walk either at the gym or on the track right by where I live every day. I know if I make the effort to watch my calories and get moving, I can succeed with one step at a time. Also, 64 oz of water can be a lot to take in one day. Start early with hydration. Remember, you can obtain water from other sources, like fruits and vegetables.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't need so much motivation and support, as attainable goals, and simple behavior goals that are tied to already established behavior? I would check if 6-8 pounds is a viable goal at your current weight - what's your height and weight? And instead of a "weightloss" goal, have an "eat less" goal - practical implementation: track your food intake every day, and stick to calorie target. Instead of a random but specific water goal, why not drink one glass before each meal, reduce other drinks, and drink more water if you're thirsty? Have you thought about how you're going to incorporate vegetables/fruit? And how to let go of more immediate gratification than sleep at 11pm?
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    kfields171 wrote: »
    I am with you! I am beginning serious lifestyle changes effective June 1st, only a few days in now but very inspired by my "before" pics (for my eyes only!!!). I am going to lose 22 pounds to goal weight. My goals are to stay within 1200 cal daily of whole organic foods and 60 minutes of speed walking or Wii Walk it Out daily. I will not use exercise earned calories.

We can do this

It's good to be ambitious, but the lower your goal, the smaller your deficit needs to be. Being too aggressive can mean burning lean body mass, not just fat. Also, you need to NET at least 1200 calories a day--and if you don't eat back at least some of your exercise cals, then you probably won't. The weight loss may happen but doing it the way you describe means you are much more likely to put it back on again.
  • Jvizzle2015
    Jvizzle2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After a very stressful 2017 I ballooned from 202 to 262 and picked up other bad habits along the way. After trying to “will” the weight off with no success I have been doing low carb since feb and just hit the 20 lb mark. Long way to go and permanent changes still need to be made but happy with the progress.
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I've sent you a friend request :) Let's keep each other accountable!