What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    I have three teenage boys that eat like concentration camp survivors. There are plenty of snacks around as a result. They call to me in the evening.

I only have one ravenous teenager. I buy him stuff that I don't like, in order to stay out of it. Ramen, Kraft Mac N Cheese, etc.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I go crazy on carbs, get enough protein and probably too low on fat most days. I lost 65 pounds and have maintained the loss for 3 months, so this works for me but I probably need more fat for optimum health benefit.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hopefully by posting on here we can help each other out and give some advice :)

My biggest struggle has been staying away from fast food. Too much salt, too much hidden sugar calories.

I know I do best by eating healthier foods, but I get too busy and/or too hungry to focus on eating better while watching my calorie intake.

I know what I need to do diet wise, but I too often drift towards the easy fast foods over the less processed foods.

And it is really hard to find low sodium or even moderate sodium foods at most restaurants.

I truly believe a big part (but not the only part though) of why more Americans are becoming obese is due to their fast food habits. It is just too easy to eat out too often.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    The naysayers and negativity.
    The weight loss part has been relatively easy to deal with, it's other people that frustrate me.

No one has to live in our body. I've had some eating friends. They wanted to watch me order and eat it while they watched. Not everyone has our best interests at heart. Connect with those who do.

• Diatonic12
    Options
    Mmm hmmm. The closer you are to the well, the source of weight stability...the sweeter the victory. Going ooo sooo slooow is rough but quick and rapid weight loss is fleeting. It doesn't last.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    Knowing when to stop. I've hit my "goal" weight a few times now, and then think "Well I could go 2 or 3lb more..." finding that maintenance spot where I'm not gaining or losing has been hard. I'm afraid to up my calories and then start gaining again, though I know I won't.. I'm afraid to try it.

I can re-late.

I hit my goal of 150lb by eating 1500cal per day for 3 months and lost the weight

. My Maint calories are around 1800. Im struggling just to hit 1500...lol

My new goal is 145ish... :)
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am still in the weight loss phase of my journey and feel like I can't sit down or stop moving between the hours of 5am and 6pm. At my age, height, weight, and gender (plus genetics), it takes a lot of effort for me to burn calories.

I am hoping as I rebuild the muscle I lost while slacking off (and binge eating) for several years, my activity related calorie burning will get a much needed boost. Oh to be a lean, mean calorie burning machine again.
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    Options
    " That usually shuts them up. Still annoying though"
    While you're out there tooling along you encounter everything. Snidely whiplash, boulders rolling down the hill, Dudley does everything right all of the time, Naughty Nell who wants you to secretly eat it all back with a pea-green smile and really smooth operators. All of these might actually be your relatives. Oy vey.