Round two. Didn't even make it a week.

Options
Amichuth
Amichuth Posts: 12 Member
So I'm back again and starting back over on the weight loss. Had to go to urgent care last week and I felt a little embarrassed because of the questions they asked me. I'm gamer and anime lover and love the outdoors and photography. I've gotten to my goal weight once before and gained it all back. I'm feeling motivated now and want to see what I can do in 6 months. I'd love friends to add and track calories progress with.

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    STAY DEDICATED you did it before, you can do it again. You got this!
  • jonathanbowler
    jonathanbowler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :smile: Ignore what happened last time. Start fresh this time. It is all about a lifestyle change, and not a temporary change. Continue to eat what you enjoy, but limit the amount. If you deprive yourself of simple pleasures, people gorge on it when they get a taste again. Anime is awesome, as well as gaming. I love all that stuff myself. I also love being a positive example for my Soldiers, however. And for my family...My kids see me working out and get motivated about it :smiley:
  • Amichuth
    Options
    STAY DEDICATED you did it before, you can do it again. You got this!

I was dedicated! But somewhere along the line I fell off into fast food addiction! lol Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm definitely going to hit the weights and at least 30 minutes of cardio every day!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    First of all, never be embarrassed by the questions medical personnel ask you - or your answers. They're depending on you to be honest so they can provide you with appropriate care. And believe me, they've heard worse :smiley: 6 months is a good time frame - you've done this before so you know it doesn't happen overnight, but it DOES happen if you're consistent.
  • Amichuth
    Options
    Welcome back :smile: Ignore what happened last time. Start fresh this time. It is all about a lifestyle change, and not a temporary change. Continue to eat what you enjoy, but limit the amount. If you deprive yourself of simple pleasures, people gorge on it when they get a taste again. Anime is awesome, as well as gaming. I love all that stuff myself. I also love being a positive example for my Soldiers, however. And for my family...My kids see me working out and get motivated about it :smiley:

Thank you for the welcome back :smiley: I don't want to forget what happened. I feel like it's motivation to me. I am definitely starting fresh and trying to learn from past mistakes. I have trouble controlling portions on the food I indulge in. I'm definitely going to try to cut out junk food and soda off the bat. I managed to go cold turkey before and am hoping to do it again.
  • Amichuth
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    First of all, never be embarrassed by the questions medical personnel ask you - or your answers. They're depending on you to be honest so they can provide you with appropriate care. And believe me, they've heard worse :smiley: 6 months is a good time frame - you've done this before so you know it doesn't happen overnight, but it DOES happen if you're consistent.

Thank you. I answered everything honestly and to my knowledge. Thanks for the words of encouragement!