How fat would you let your spouse get?

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
This is meant as a fun question.

If your spouse was gaining weight

Would you(did you) wait to say something at 15 pounds, 50 pounds?

If so, what diid you say?

What wouldn't you say?

Replies

• peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I would never say anything. My husband's weight is his own business.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I like 'em round, and big
    And when I'm throwin' a gig
    I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
    Now here's my scandal
    I wanna get you home
    And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
    I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
    'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
    I want 'em real thick and juicy
    So find that juicy double
    Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
    Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    lol! actually hes the picky one!!! and tells me if he feels hes put on weight. Then tells me WE need to go for a run to help him lose it. So i guess its good as i end up doing more exercise to. SO no need for me to say anything to him.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I would never say anything. My husband's weight is his own business.

^^ This.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. If I feel that it's becoming a health problem, I would say something. I mean, you're supposed to be looking out for each other, right? I'd hope that any spouse I have would do the same for me.

I obviously wouldn't be like "Damn, honey, you're really packing on those pounds!" But more of a "You look like you're starting to gain a little weight, would you like me to start buying some healthier foods?" or if it was becoming a real problem, I would be a little more blunt about it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My husband has gained nearly 80 pounds since we started dating, and I'm just fine with it. The ironic thing is that he's only about 5 pounds overweight (if that) now. He was really, really, really skinny when we met. I like the way he looks much better now. :-)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I think everyone gave great answers.

Thanks.
  • Laquaya
    Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL. Be my friend now :)
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My only fear would be her happiness. Since it is obviously she would not be happy I would help guide her to be happy.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i didnt say it first, he did, a couple months ago. he said "man im getting fat" and i agreed....well i didnt say YEAH YOUR A FAT *kitten* DUDE!!! i said "yeah, you've put on a couple extra pounds" hes workin on it too, just like me.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't say anything to my fiance. I couldn't *make* him lose it anyway. All I do is hope that my healthy choices influence what he chooses. And guess what I started in June & he's coming around. :wink:
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like 'em round, and big
    And when I'm throwin' a gig
    I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
    Now here's my scandal
    I wanna get you home
    And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
    I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
    'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
    I want 'em real thick and juicy
    So find that juicy double
    Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
    Beggin' for a piece of that bubble

Haaahhhaaahaa!!
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly aware that I'm overweight, and get extremely angry when someone tells me that I am, as if I didn't already know. I refuse to treat my husband like that. If he's overweight, he knows it. Not my job to clean him up.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my man is 6 feet tall, 290 lbs. he is a big guy and i love every inch of his body! he is sexy to me. he's trying to lose weight and get down to 220, which i support because it'll be a healthier weight for him. but i find him hott at any weight!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I felt like deleting this, but I don't see a delete option... d'oh.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    If my Husband's weight was a health hazard to him I would say something.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Unless it was a health issue I wouldn't say a thing. I wouldn't have liked if he picked on my weight when I was above my ideal. He did put on a few pounds after quiting smoking, but I'm really happy with the trade.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I would do exactly what my husband did for me. He was supportive and never made me feel bad about it at all, he made sure that I came to the decision on my own, and he only mentioned a few subtle encouraging words about how active and outdoor activities were becoming harder and excercising more would help out with that. He is happy that I am happier and also supports and encourages the healthier choices but makes his own choices as well. He also is a great ear to my rants, raves, and every exciting pound that drops from the scale. I dont think I would have made it this far without him!!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I live together, and we've always agreed that we will love each other no matter what. That being said, we also agreed that if either of our weight started to become a health issue, we would work to lose weight together. So, if it ever started being an issue, I'd ask him to join me in losing weight. He honestly would not get upset.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Regarding his weight, I wouldn't really care as long as it wasn't physically hindering him and causing him pain.

I had a bf who had so many health related issues because he was very overweight. Bad knees, bad back, and he even had gout (even if it is or isn't related by weight he continued to eat things he shouldnt have that caused him to swell up from it). He was very unhealthy and didn't do anything about his problems. I left him because of how inconsiderate he was about himself, and how mean he was to me. He had issues.. haha.

My current bf (1 year anni today), is obsessed with his weight. I wouldn't want him to ever get fat, but ONLY because I know how he would try to lose it, and it is one of the worst ways. I would help keep him on track, and he is my motivation for me to get thinner. He was around 50 pounds heavier before I met him.