WEIGHT ON DRIVERS LICENSE...

Options

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    mine had my high school weight for a long time, I just never bothered to update. Then I updated to my current weight at the time, which is close to my current weight now. I would stick to your current weight, maybe a little lower 185?

nm, I just saw your post above that you don't need weight
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The weight on my DL is 175. Current weight is 155. Things change.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They want current weight. Otherwise your license would say "eventual weight" on it instead of just "weight" lol ;)

Although the people at registries always took a lot of liberties with my weight. You could tell they hated asking just as much as I hated telling.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    SSpeakes wrote: »
    Driver's licenses have weight listed on them? Mine doesn't.

Yes, a lot of states do. Mine has height, weight, and eye color.

OP, I've always just put my actual weight...it really doesn't matter.

I live in Canada and they list weight as well

Same here. Always worried when I use it as ID that someone might question it, but I think it just gets ignored for the most part.

And I've not been pulled over by a cop in decades.

I actually have issues with my passport when I travel because I was 40+ Lbs heavier in my passport picture and it's very noticeable. I've never been denied, but they certainly take their time and typically ask me if I lost weight, when, and how much and dig into other details like that. On occasion I've also had to provide additional ID.

When I went to Tanzania over the holidays I had to get a visa when we landed...that took forever.

I'm also wearing glasses in my passport photo and I typically wear contacts...didn't back then. I think it expires next year, so I can finally get a new one and stop the madness at customs and TSA.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I always assume that a woman is actually 15 lbs heavier than on their license and men are 2 inches shorter than what's listed on their license lol.

I must be the only honest person... I round up/down to the nearest 5 lbs. based on my weight that morning and I always use the same height (which is rounded up to the nearest inch, though some dr. offices round down and others round up).
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I always assume that a woman is actually 15 lbs heavier than on their license and men are 2 inches shorter than what's listed on their license lol.

I must be the only honest person... I round up/down to the nearest 5 lbs. based on my weight that morning and I always use the same height (which is rounded up to the nearest inch, though some dr. offices round down and others round up).

I'm within 2 pounds of the weight on mine right now, for the first time in about 3 years. Since it renews every 4 years, there's plenty of time for some major swings either way for most people. As for height, I'm short. Lying about it won't make me any more able to reach to top cabinets :lol:
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Last time I updated my weight on my license, I told the guy to put 127 (the middle of my current maintenance range).

He was like, "eh, I'm gonna put 125".
    Ok! Thanks, DMV guy! :D
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

I'm within 2 pounds of the weight on mine right now, for the first time in about 3 years. Since it renews every 4 years, there's plenty of time for some major swings either way for most people. As for height, I'm short. Lying about it won't make me any more able to reach to top cabinets :lol:

I just checked and they stopped putting it on licenses in my state at some point recently. I renewed in March and it is not listed any more. They still ask for it at renewal, but they only list height and eye color on the actual license now.

What's even more interesting is that it IS printed on my hunting & fishing licenses. When I buy those, they never ask for me to give an update, so it is about 30 lbs. higher. I'm going to go online and change it so that next time it prints with my weight as of today (so maybe 10-20 lbs. too high when I buy next year's).

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296
    No, but I have written the weight on the ticket I wrote them as what I think it really is. For example, if your DL says 180, and you look like 280, I'd enter 280 on the citation.[/b]

So for the person that weighs 245 when they get home they have a ticket and the thought they look like they are 280lbs. Double Whammy!

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Eh. I put 225 on my pistol permit application, and lost probably another 25 by the time I got approved and went to get the permit. I just left it 225. Looking forward to renewing. Hopefully I won't have to jump through any extra hoops.

CT driver's licenses don't list weight, but the height on mine is 1" too tall for some reason, which is what I put when I first got it and never noticed until recently. Why do they let teenagers fill these things out?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

I just checked and they stopped putting it on licenses in my state at some point recently. I renewed in March and it is not listed any more. They still ask for it at renewal, but they only list height and eye color on the actual license now.

What's even more interesting is that it IS printed on my hunting & fishing licenses. When I buy those, they never ask for me to give an update, so it is about 30 lbs. higher. I'm going to go online and change it so that next time it prints with my weight as of today (so maybe 10-20 lbs. too high when I buy next year's).

Mine renews next month, which I'm sad about because I actually have a decent picture for once :disappointed: Out of curiosity and because I've been here forever, I looked back at my weight log; I was only 5 pounds heavier than listed the last time I renewed. Thought it was more.

Looks like hunting and fishing licenses in my state also include weight. Interesting.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

I am a lady who lied the last time I renewed. I added a few pounds to my weight because I knew I was going to bulk in a few months. :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

@quiksylver296
    No, but I have written the weight on the ticket I wrote them as what I think it really is. For example, if your DL says 180, and you look like 280, I'd enter 280 on the citation.[/b]

So for the person that weighs 245 when they get home they have a ticket and the thought they look like they are 280lbs. Double Whammy!

It had to be a significant difference before I bothered. If you fail to appear in court, we need an accurate physical description for the arrest warrant.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am in Australia and do not need to list height, weight or eye colour for my driver licence renewal. My licence doesn't even state whether I am male or female. Just name, address, type of licence, photo ID and that I am an organ donor.
    Just looking at that photo ID though shows just how big I used to be!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My driver's license doesn't have weight listed on it :o

Mine doesn't either but they ask and it's in the record so law enforcement sees it when they run your license. But it's nice that cashiers don't see it when I buy wine.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would give your current weight or maybe 10 lbs less.
    Not your goal weight.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You choose, you decide what to lop off. Ours have everything. But I wonder, what do bald men say their hair color is.
  • fish9283
    fish9283 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband has renewed his licence for many years without updating his picture or weight, and he has lost 80 lbs.

He was delayed briefly by security at the airport because he didn't resemble his picture, but they did finally allow him to board the plane.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I am in Australia and do not need to list height, weight or eye colour for my driver licence renewal. My licence doesn't even state whether I am male or female. Just name, address, type of licence, photo ID and that I am an organ donor.
    Just looking at that photo ID though shows just how big I used to be!

I dont think any states i n Australia require height, weight or eye colour - just a photo and name and DOB

At least Ive never seen any that require those things and I see a lot of different licences as checking photo ID is often part of my job

In SA they do require it to say if you wear glasses for driving and have your photo with your glasses on.

Not sure what happens if you wear contact lenses