4 year milestone

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
edited June 2018 in Success Stories
This week is my 4 year "fitversary", my journey to health and fitness. Back then I couldn't walk up my own steep driveway without rest breaks and couldn't walk more the 1/4 mile without excruciating hip, knee, and foot pain.

I found an awesome trainer who helped me learn how to exercise at the pace I could tolerate and gave me the focus I needed to get my life back. I've exercised several times a week every week since then and at age 63 am in the best shape of my life, able to do anything I want to do.

Yesterday I finished my "bling board" with medals and bibs from many of the events I've been in - 150 km walking and running. Thank you to all who have shared in this journey and encouraged and supported and inspired me along the way.
z50fp96sn0co.jpeg
j0h1s1p8pqmh.jpg
ub7u53fnb0rk.jpg
fp8hvz82raxa.jpeg
24gerigjfgav.jpeg
kj0xcdl4d0c1.jpeg
fabxmwi1t7l0.jpg

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Bravo, @lorrpb! You always make insightful and helpful posts, and I'm very happy to applaud you on your wonderful success!
  • leannepat42
    leannepat42 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow - you're an inspiration.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Lori, I just LOVE your story! You’ve shown it’s never too late to turn your life around and live an active, vibrant life. It isn’t easy, certainly, but it is possible. Whatever goals you have for yourself moving forward, a healthy, fit body will help you achieve them.

I am very proud to be your friend! Well done! And I love the bling boards!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Well done and happy fitversary!!!!! You are an inspiration!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome story you should feel very proud of what you have achieve you look amazing
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and an inspiration to us all. Thank you for your story.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • glorian13vazquez498
    glorian13vazquez498 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Woooow great job! Awesome! You look younger!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, you rock! Happy fitversary :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! Love the bling!

You're absolutely an inspiration and have been a great boon to the community. Your contributions to the forums are greatly appreciated.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    jrochest wrote: »
    You look about 20 years younger -- and so much happier! Congratulations, and thanks for the motivation!

I'm 57 and am mostly doing MFP for the calorie counting, but the more I look at these success stories, the more I realize I'm missing important stuff by not exercising.

Of course, calorie counting was central to my losing weight (150 lb), but it was really the improvements in fitness and function that have kept me motivated and disciplined in the kitchen. Also remember that when we lose pounds, we lose both fat and muscle (this is true even of the very fit and muscular people), so exercise (especially strength training) helps preserve that very important muscle tissue.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing and wonderful! Lots of life happened along the way I am sure and you still reached your pinnacle.... love it!
  • DogServant
    DogServant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are definitely rockin’ it. Congrats for a job well done!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You are a credit to Maturity. I admire you and your determination.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous. I am so happy for you.
  • AlinaRoberts721
    AlinaRoberts721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!! Such an inspiration to me! I’ve been working at it slowly—very slow going lately. I’m down 40# and have about 90# to go. Started weight training in February; and I agree it’s so important.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    A Bling Board!! I love it! Your posts always have a nugget of goodness. Congratulations!!! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!