LTL challenge RED GROUP! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got mine in! Thank you so much for figuring it out.

I'm going to toss out the offer again since football is here and its what I do during the games. Would anyone like a water bottle holder? I have lots of yarn...even some that would match our team name or you can tell me what color you would like. I can make it wrist or shoulder sized. You would just need to PM me your information, color, and if you want wrist or shoulder.
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    YAY! Thank for figuring it out! I was trying, but nothing I did was working.
  • kault
    kault Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

We are done camping for the season. Now it is back to reality and work, Yuck! I am not sure I understand how to put the picture on my message board but I will try tomorrow. I love it.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey Kault ... welcome back. Anytime coming back from vacation is a bummer ... reality stinks! LOL Hope you enjoyed!!

How is everyone else doing?? Today has been the 1st day in 3 weeks that I actually didn't exercise hard ... we went bowling, and I don't really count that as exercise, but what the heck ... I'll throw it in there. It's not everyday were we had an empty bowling alley to ourselves and each got our own lane!! We bowled for 2 hours straight!! I broke 3 nails and got a blister on the sides of my fat thumbs!! HAHAHAHA I can never find a ball big enough for my thumbs unless they weigh 13+ pounds!! HEAVY!!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! Tomorrow its back to the challenge, Wii Active 2, and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. It sounds like a lot, but it's about an hour. Sometime I split it up, sometimes I don't ... all depends!

Well, here's to a new week ahead of us!! Keep chugging away!!
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good about my weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been getting enough exercise in because my hips have been killing me. I'm not sure why either.

Tonight we went to the friends and family sale at Goodwill. I managed to score 8 shirts and a dress for very little money. I finally have some clothes that fit, and some that are tight now but will fit soon. I desperately needed shirts that fit.

I got a bunch of cleaning done today and I started to dig out camping gear for next weekend. I can't believe how much I was sweating from lifting boxes and moving stuff around. I forgot how heavy some of the boxes were in the other room.

Have a great week everyone! Are we doing Wednesday for the rest day again?
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! sorry I've been MIA from the message board, my wireless went down!! Kinda fell off track this weekend, it was my best friends 21st. oh boy :)
    I haven't been losing much weight, but my clothes fit differently and that's a better thing for me anyway!
  • kault
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I would like to say thank you. My last weigh in I lost 5 lbs and I think it is trying to keep up with this group. I will probably not loose as much next week but wanted to say thanks for making me move!!!!

PS Wednesday is good for me if that is the day you want to rest. What did you guys do to get 525 points?????
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    every glass of water you drink is 10 points. you can get up to 105 points each because of the nutrition challenge!
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    Hey everyone. I know its super hard to get on here all the time but I just want to make sure everyone is doing alright!
    here's my question..
    is there anything you would like to see me do (As a captain) better? I want your honest opinion! :)
  • kault
    Options
    I think you are doing great. I love that I just tell you what I did and you total my stuff...I'm lazy that way.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    You're doing great!!
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    well thank you!

Here's the week 4 challenge!

::::Week 4 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 25 leg raises (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2oyawG9KI&NR=1&feature=fvwp)

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 pushups (modified as needed)

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Monday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 10 minutes of dancing - turn on some good tunes and really MOVE!! :-) I did this to burn a couple extra calories and LOVED it! Thought it would be a great thing to throw in to our challenge!

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 Dumbell Rows (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=37)

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

Under fat might be a hard one for me.
  • SDV219
    Options
    Oh dear Lord! After WA2, I don't know if I have it in me to do those leg raises! They look just like reverse crunches in a way ... my belly hurts just looking at them being I just finished doing 32x2 of them! OUCH!

I'll give it a try, but can't promise 25 ... as for carbs ... got it!

I'm back in full swing for Week 4. I was getting side tracked with back to school crap. I had a final the 16th, and have been preparing for a test I have next Tuesday ... if we don't get a 90% or higher we fail the class!! YIKES!! Nothing like a little stress added to your last semester of nursing school!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

And Jen, you're doing a great job!!
  • kault
    Options
    These exercises are killing me. The leg raises and know the bicycle crunches!!!!!

But I was walking through the store today and my pants kept falling down so I guess I will just do them and like it. :smile:
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Ok, total NSV and I have to share!! I was dreading the bicycles today because when I do them for P90/Ab Ripper, they kill. I never really thought about all the other ab stuff I have to do before the bicycles in P90, though. I was pleasantly surprised when I started them tonight how easy it was to get through them. Plus, I can now easily bring my knee all the way to my elbow! I love progress!! Hope you all had a good weekend!
  • kault
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just read through the message board finally and saw that you all had filled a set of questions. Sorry I just saw it. We were camping all summer and I can not get on the message boards from my phone. So here is my info:

1. Name? Kathy Ault

2. Age? 46

3. Marital Status? married

4. Kids? 2 great kids Chistian 10 and Hannah 8

5. What do you for a living? My husband and I own a photography company call Ault Images - Portraits With Pride

6. What do you enjoy doing for fun? We camp - boat - ride bikes - bowling

7. Hobbies? I do not really have any hobbies my kids and work keep me busy

8. What type of music do you enjoy? rock

9. Early bird or Night owl? early bird

10. When do you typically exercise? Elliptical or walk

11. How long have you been considered overweight? all of my life

12. What is your main reason for wanting to lose weight? I will tell you the truth.....we went to an amusement park with the kids and I could not fit on a ride. I came home got on the scale and saw that I weight 312 pounds and thought I have to do something.
  • kault
    Options
    13. I live in Wintersville Ohio
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    This week is going to get a little tougher for me! I just started classes..AND I gained about 4 lbs. :(
    Ive been doing all the exercises but I'm eating like crap. I need to find things that are easy and healthy too
  • SDV219
    Options
    Jen I just started classes too ... no rest for the weary. I've been keeping up with some exercise ... mostly walking and playing field hockey. I was going to play for school, but just don't think I can handle the 2 hr practice plus all the clinical time needed in the hospital along with my 3 kids schedules!! One busy momma here!! ;);)

I hope everyone is doing well. I have to admit, I miss coming here so often, but I have to get a better regimented schedule. I like to be a creature of habit, and that is one that I'm going to have to make for myself and y family to do!!

I need to sit down and get my *kitten* in gear!! I need to plan out my study time, exercise time, and most importantly PLAN MY MEALS IN ADVANCED!!!!!

I keep reading on here "fail to plan ... plan to fail" and I'm finding that is very true!! So here is to my last weekend of freedom. Sunday I will revamp my routine ... put school and studying in there somewhere, and keep on moving!! I didn't come all this way to quit ... and I sure in hell didn't sweat so much for nothing!! Gotta get my head on straight and do what matters most!! I love eating right, and I really do love exercising. I must admit though, I am learning. I like to do too much at once, and realize that isn't good for me. When I started MFP, I started out with 1200 calories/day and was exercising about 2 hrs/day. I had been doing C25K, Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, LTL Challenges, plus Wii Active workouts (both reg AND 2). I don't know if I thought I'd drop tons of weight at once, or if I thought I was superwoman, but wither way I was dead wrong.

I read a bit more, and learned a bit more and realized that I wasn't giving my body enough ... I upped my calories, dropped some of the exercise, and dropped 8 pounds in 2 weeks!! So, this week, while not my best, it just gives me room to sit back, look at what I did and didn't do, and figure out how I can make things work in my favor!

I hope you're all enjoying the last bit of summer .... I don't know about you, but I want to remain in denial and pretend that it is just beginning again! How I'm not one for school these days ... sigh
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    Hey ladies! Here's the week 5 challenge
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327625-ltl-week-5

I'm sososo very sorry it's so late. My internet has been down. Here's to another great week!