Steps hurting gains?

Options
I'm in the process of trying to gain muscle. Eating at a very little surplus. Lifting 4x a week and one week of kickboxing. I don't do any other cardio, but I do walk an average of 12-13 steps a day.

Is that hurting any gains?

Replies

• pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Only if you can't enough calories to compensate for what you burn while walking
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining weight? As long as you can fuel and keep up with your surplus, it's fine
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating to compensate, you're fine. I bulk and average 18k steps a day.
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My target cals is about 3000 a day. After factoring in lifting and my walks the app says I have about 500 or so left each day. But I wasn't sure if k should really factor that in seeing I'm meeting my daily goals
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    HvymetalMG wrote: »
    My target cals is about 3000 a day. After factoring in lifting and my walks the app says I have about 500 or so left each day. But I wasn't sure if k should really factor that in seeing I'm meeting my daily goals

maybe maybe not. suggest you wiegh daily and taking a weekly average. that average needs to be slowly increasing to the tune of approx 2 ibs per month. Track lifts too. the core compounds should be very slowly increasing too.

If not up calories 200-300 and rinse and repeat
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    HvymetalMG wrote: »

Are you gaining? If you are then that's fine. I bulked while nursing my baby.. just make sure you are gaining over time.