Halo Top Rant

Options
HeyJudii
HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
Ugh! I don't see how people can eat that stuff. I kept reading about it on these forums. So I tried it. I tried three different flavors, trying to be fair.

To me, they all tasted the same. Like gritty sadness. Maybe it's because they are non-dairy, but I found them disgusting. There are so many really tasty low fat, low calorie dairy desserts out there I doubt I will try anything else non-dairy since I have yet to have a good experience with that nasty tasting and textured *kitten*.

Replies

• kelsiesco
    kelsiesco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Which ones did you try? I've tried a couple of flavors, chocolate covered banana, birthday cake, vanilla bean, and red velvet.

Chocolate covered banana is trash, but the red velvet flavor is amazing! Like its my new favorite ice cream, this one isn't the dairy free, or vegan one though so maybe that is why.
  • NewChapterInMyLife
    NewChapterInMyLife Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    The non dairy ones are bad!!!!
    But the regular ones are AMAZING!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've only had the peanut butter flavour one, it was tasty.
  • kellykins14
    kellykins14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy chocolate, vanilla, lemon, black cherry, sherbet, pistachio, strawberry. I find that the key is the consistency. Needs to be left out for 5-7 minutes before scooping or put rock hard in the microwave for 10 seconds. Hard not to eat entire pint
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to like Halo Top until I noticed that Enlightened has 1/4 the cholesterol per serving as Halo Top (I'm watching my cholesterol). And switching over was a good thing...I like it a lot better!
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The dairy red velvet one is so good! I don't eat it too often because it's expensive but I find it way more satisfying than regular ice cream. They advertise so heavily on 'eat the whole pint! but I'm done with 1/4 or 1/3, I guess because of the protein content.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I tried so many of them and I do not like them either! I just stick with frozen yogurt because I love that stuff!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I used to like Halo Top until I noticed that Enlightened has 1/4 the cholesterol per serving as Halo Top (I'm watching my cholesterol). And switching over was a good thing...I like it a lot better!

why....?

also the non dairy flavors are way better.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I don't like the price in my area
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and Non dairy just don't go together, I'd imagine it wouldn't taste the best. Try the regular Halo Top before throwing in the towel, the candy bar flavour tastes like a snickers.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't even know they had dairy ones, since all they sell in my area are the non-dairy ones.

Okay, I'll try again. I do like the idea of sitting down with a pint and binge watching my favorite show(s). I feel just like a regular person. :DB)
  • unicornpickles
    unicornpickles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake is gross , candy bar is eh , Carmel swirl is yummy imo
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Make sure you let it sit out for awhile. I need to let it get liquidy around the edge to get a decent consistency. I'm not a huge fan, but I do like a couple of the higher calorie dairy flavors.

I'll add, I can't eat a whole pint, the sugar alcohol kills my stomach if I do. At most half, and that's pushing it.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Yes to the sitting out part. I leave mine out for around 15-20 minutes before scooping.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ice cream and Non dairy just don't go together, I'd imagine it wouldn't taste the best. Try the regular Halo Top before throwing in the towel, the candy bar flavour tastes like a snickers.

Some non-dairy ice creams are really delicious. I suspect though, that when you take non-dairy ice cream and also make it low sugar, low fat, high protein, and low-cal, you don't have much left. It's probably going to affect the taste of the final product.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Some non-dairy ice creams are really delicious. I suspect though, that when you take non-dairy ice cream and also make it low sugar, low fat, high protein, and low-cal, you don't have much left. It's probably going to affect the taste of the final product.

True. I've seen some non dairy ice creams that are calorie bombs!
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to try Enlightened, but I loved it. HT, not so much. Breyer's Delights I enjoyed, and I also like Arctic Zero. I just need a D'lites Ice Cream shop near me, and I'd be totally happy.