Team D'Terminators Week 2 Kick Butt August Challenge (Closed

Options

Replies

• miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    100+ stair climbs (up and down 1 flight 10 times), done. 100 jumping jacks, done. 50 globe jumps (holy crap!), done. Plus my planned yoga and crossfit for the day. Over water, but unfortunately, WAY over calories. No extra miles today.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Stair climbs, jumping jacks, globe jumps all done fortunately before I cut my toe really bad. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow...atleast there is no jumping! Btw...I thought burpees were of the devil, but those globe jumps?!?! EVIL!!
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So with Gary posting week 3 today, first I would like to say, it was nice knowing you lol but I had an idea or sorts. Those daily challenges are hard, but one day in particular, may actually injure some of you with bad knees SOOO what I was thinking was what if we make a list of everything we need to do that week, and pick 3 from the list every day, would that be ok? I mean not cheating? As long as all the challenges for the week get done right? I dont know what do you guys think? I would hate to have people hurt themselves just because they are rocking out the challenge, we want to get fit, not scarred for life lol
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    phew done!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Good luck on sunday weigh ins everyone!!!!
  • RachelJE
    Options
    Seeing the challenges for next week, I'm feeling less like machine, and more like - holy s**t!! Do these people have jobs?? Or kids?? Not that I'm stopping...I'm just sayin'....
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Here is a link to my recipe. Have a great night!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/marlabelle
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches, done. Plus 1.2 extra miles towards our 200.
    Enjoy your rest day tomorrow! :)
  • RachelJE
    Options
    Challenges done. All challenges done for the week. Now to rest.
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    August 13th Week 2 Day 6: 40 Shoulder Presses-DONE extra mile-DONE 50 crunches-DONE Team Challenge Mileage:1 done 11.5 total for me..all walking, I dont live anywhere safe to ride my bike:(
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    done! as of now all 8 miles dne
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Seeing the challenges for next week, I'm feeling less like machine, and more like - holy s**t!! Do these people have jobs?? Or kids?? Not that I'm stopping...I'm just sayin'....

Agree!!,,, I mean.. I am gone from 6am-6pm everynight..now I have to spend TONS of time working out? ..I was a bit irritated at the Week 3 Challenges
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    So with Gary posting week 3 today, first I would like to say, it was nice knowing you lol but I had an idea or sorts. Those daily challenges are hard, but one day in particular, may actually injure some of you with bad knees SOOO what I was thinking was what if we make a list of everything we need to do that week, and pick 3 from the list every day, would that be ok? I mean not cheating? As long as all the challenges for the week get done right? I dont know what do you guys think? I would hate to have people hurt themselves just because they are rocking out the challenge, we want to get fit, not scarred for life lol

This is exactly what I might do, because I have a bad knee.. and the one day where its 200 jumping jacks, 100 Moutain Climbers and 20 lunges would KILL me
  • searbear1980
    Options
    So I love this for Breakfast it is such a nice starter.

Pineapple Smoothie

Ingredients
    1/2 a Whole Pineapple- cut into pieces
    1 Whole - White Peach- in pieces
    1 Cup - Frozen Strawberries
    1 6 oz container- Yoplait - Greek Honey Vanilla Yogurt
    1 Cup - Frozen Blueberries
    6 oz - Water
    Ice - How ever much you want to make it thicker.

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth. Then enjoy. Makes 3 Servings.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Total: 473 103 0 17 122 13
    Per Serving: 158 34 0 6 41 4
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    Roasted Brussell Sprouts (One of my NEW FAVORITE SIDE DISHES)

Ingredients
    1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
    3 tablespoons good olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

that's the basic recipe.. sometimes i add brocolli to it and other veggies.. and usually add a little spice with red pepper flakes (YUMMY) and sometimes i chop up fresh garlic to let it roast with it.. or I roast a whole thing of garlic and then squeez it over it and mixx together really good.. sooooo yummy and it makes almost like a butter garlic sauce without the butter.. DELISH!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Mel's Recipe for Spaghetti Squash with tomato and meat sauce.

1 pound ground meat of choice ( ground turkey, beef, chicken)
    1 Spaghetti Squash
    3 table spoons tomato paste
    1/2 can (16 ox) crushed tomatoes
    fresh basil(to taste)
    fresh oregano(to taste)
    4 large fresh garlic cloves
    Kosher , coarse, or sea salt and cracked pepper(to taste)
    3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees F
    Slice spaghetti squash into two large halves. Place on sturdy baking sheet face up.
    scoop out the guts of the squash and discard (great for compost!)
    Smash garlic cloves and place into the caverns of the squash equally for both.
    drizzle evoo evenly onto both squash
    sprinkle with salt and pepper

Bake for approx. 40-50 mins or untill squash skin begins to separate from squash.
    Allow to cool for at least 20 mins.
    Scrape squash with fork for nice spaghetti like strands.

Sauce:
    In a large skillet brown the ground meat and drain off excess grease. set aside
    In a large pot saute the tomato paste untill evenly heated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh herbs. Add crushed tomatoes and let simmer for until warmed evenly through.( longer simmer times make for better flavor!)
    Slowly incorporate the roasted squash strands and ground meat into the large pot of sauce. simmer for good absorbtion. The longer you simmer the more time the sauce can absorb into the spaghetti squash! YUM! Serve hot with fresh basil and parm:)

One serving( about 1.5 cups) is typically about 350 cals. 12-15 carbs. I like mine with a good side of steamed broccoli! ENJOY!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I might have to do this too...work schedule just wont allow for that kind of time....blah! Otherwise I would absolutely do it! Wish I didn't have to work! gah!

This is exactly what I might do, because I have a bad knee.. and the one day where its 200 jumping jacks, 100 Moutain Climbers and 20 lunges would KILL me
  • SassyCassie08
    Options
    Whew had a hard week and next week looks just as hard gotta keep pushin through it though. down a little over a pound, not much but at least its not a gain! And i did a total of 8 miles this week. holy crap!

My recipe for the week!

Ingredients

1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup instant brown rice
    2 teaspoons sesame oil
    1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
    1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
    1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, (see Note)
    1 teaspoon five-spice powder, (see Note)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated
    1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
    1 large carrot, shredded

Preparation

Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
    Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
    To serve, divide lettuce leaves among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixture into each leaf, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    amdm68 Ingredients 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 1/4 cup chopped onion 1/2 tsp ground oregano 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste) 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste) 1 large egg (beat) 12 oz lean ground beef Directions combine all ingredients. shape into 1 oz balls. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes (or until done). This will make 20 1 oz meatballs Number of Servings: 20 Number of Servings: 20
    3 hours ago · Comment

amdm68 meatballs

THIS WAS POSTED BY AMDM on her PROFILE...
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Southwest BBQ Chicken Salad

A lighter barbecue chicken mixture uses skinless shredded chicken breast blended with barbecue sauce and green onions. Instead of French fried onions, this recipe calls for black beans. A light dressing finishes it off.

Ingredients:

* 2 cups shredded boneless, skinless roasted or grilled chicken breast
    * 1 cup black beans (from can), drained and rinsed
    * 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (mild or hot, depending on your preference)
    * 1/2 cup fresh, chopped cilantro (optional)
    * 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
    * 8 cups dark green salad greens (from a bag or from lettuce heads, torn into pieces and rinsed)
    * 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
    * 1 cup frozen corn, very lightly microwaved and chilled in refrigerator
    * 1 cup black beans (about one 15-ounce can, drained)
    * 1/3 cup light ranch dressing (light blue cheese can also be used)
    * Handful of tortilla chips (optional)

Preparation:

1. Add chicken, beans, barbecue sauce, cilantro (if desired) and green onions to a medium bowl and toss to blend well; set aside.
    2. In large salad bowl, add salad greens, tomatoes, and corn and toss to mix. Portion mixture evenly into 4 individual salad bowls and top with a fourth of the chicken mixture.
    3. Drizzle light ranch dressing evenly over the top of the four salad servings. Garnish each serving with a couple of tortilla chips, if desired.

Yield:
    4 entree salad servings

Nutritional Information:
    Per serving: 318 calories, 30 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 9.5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 64 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 710 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26%.