What are your favorite food prep techniques?

Options
2»

Replies

• doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always prep a lot of ingredients that I can use quickly and easily. I don't always prep the full week ahead. But I will make a large batch of rice, for example, that I can make tacos/stir fry/bowls with. Then half the work is done. Or I'll precut my veggies ahead of time. Also, the slow cooker is my friend!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I don't prep. Paying for all of the plastic containers, a new freezer to put them in, a new house to put the freezer in, how much will I save. I've have to buy a freezer as big as a car. I don't want frozen food day in and day out. <3
  • 1590874st
    1590874st Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I chop up and stir fry my favourite vegetables - eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, capsicum and brocolli. Then I cook a couple of cups of brown rice. When I pack my lunch, I spoon veg and half a cup of rice into a container, then take a small container of turmeric sauerkraut and a small tin of Sirena chilli tuna. At lunch time, I warm up the rice and veg, then stir through the tuna and saurekraut. It's so good and so filling.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I wing it, fly by the seat of my pants. Change everything on a dime. I can't eat the same things day in and day out or even on a weekly repeat. I'm fearless that way. You'd fall through the floor if I showed you my food diary but it's working. I think it's the wide variety.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple. I make enough for 4 days, portion it out and put in fridge. I put together my portioned out meals and snacks for the following say.
    I like what someone wrote about them writting little notes for themselves:-) And also writing out times you will eat each meal or snack. Maybe this will help me stick to clean eating only what I prepared.