New to Keto

Options
Keanuef
Keanuef Posts: 1 Member
Hi. I’m Keanue I started on my Keto journey last month and my fitness pal has been a God send. I was very active in my 20’s and 30’s but I have become sendentary in my late 40’s.

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've done keto and enjoyed it for a while, but it became tough to stick with. Hopefully your experience is different. Best of luck to you!
  • cwash2
    cwash2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started May 26th of this year. I haven't weighed yet, but can tell that I have lost some issues. Any advice?
  • nerdofthebooks
    nerdofthebooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started on Keto and I'm seeing a lot of articles about high protein meals but they also happen to be high in carbs which as you know is not good for Keri. Do you guys have any suggestions?
  • ruthcbarnard
    ruthcbarnard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did intermittent fasting for like 8 months. I fasted for 16 hours and at two times in an 8 hour window. I did okay with that. Then I started keto. I was eating way too much protein, not enough fat and not enough green leafy veggies. So, I looked up different things. One good resource is Dr. Berg on you tube and he has a facebook support groups. My next favorite is Keto Connect on You Tube. There is another guy too but he's a little too card core and super smart for me. LOL Pintrest has good recipes. I'm 125 pounds and I eat 1333-1500 calories per day. I stick to around 104 fats, 78 proteins, and 20 carbs, not including all the green leafy veggies. I find it to be very easy. In January I did a 72 hour water fast. I liked Sky Shelby's on youtube. It's really more like a 10 day fast because you introduce food into your body slowly. But, it really helped my GI system and it really jump started keto. They say you are supposed to be fat adapted first.
  • Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started keto hard this year but my husband has been on it for a couple years now (and I do all the cooking :smile: so I'm well acquainted with that side of it).
    CavemanKeto, Ruled.me, and KetoConnect were all really helpful to me starting out with meal prep ideas and recipes.
    Feel free to add me if you want. I'm always happy to talk recipes, meal prep, or whatever. =)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    These MFP groups are great places to find more keto'ers, and are a good source of more info.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

Good luck! :)