ALL MY LADIES! What are your daily calorie goals?

Options
13»

Replies

• Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day
    5' 3" - started at 197 lbs. - Down to 176 in just a couple of months
    I worked out hard for the first couple of months, lost fast, but haven't worked out as much but still losing 1-2 lbs a week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you all eat in a day and how much are you losing per week? I’m trying to figure out a good amount of calories to consume so that I lose weight without feeling deprived. 1200 is just too low for me so I was thinking of going up to 1500? I will workout about an hour a day but I don’t log those into my diary. I want to loose around 2 lbs a week....thoughts? Also add me if you want a friend! I’ve got about 45 pounds to lose and having friends would help a ton!

Calorie intake is all dependent on your personal energy and activity level. If 1,200 seems to be too low for you, try switching your goal from 2 lbs. a week to 1 lb. a week. You will still lose weight at a significant pace but it will be more maintainable.

My goal is usually 1,400 + eat back some exercise calories for maintenance (I am short, 4'11" so my maintenance level is quite low). Currently I am prepping for a powerlifting meet and have to make weight by cutting 2 lbs. so I cut my calorie intake to 1,350 and I am not eating back exercise calories, plus I have also increased cardio by 30-minutes. This is what I have found works for me after 5-years plus of strict tracking, weight lifting and many bulk/cut sessions.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Weightlift 4x a week, gaining slowly on 2200-2400 a day.
    Sedentary cals 1900.
    Cals eaten when I hiked and bouldered Devils lake this week? 3200 :D
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    5'3" / 164 lb / set to lose 1 lb per week - 1390 calories

I eat back 50-70% of my exercise calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Eating around 850 - 900 a day and losing around 3lbs a week. Been doing it for 5 weeks now and lost 16lbs. Another 6 weeks until my holidays and then I’m done.

*sigh* Can I get a concussion from banging my head against a figurative wall?

This is why we should know better than to post in these threads... so much under eating, it's just sad.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1, 44 years old. I’m perimenopausal, have endometriosis and currently I’m 65.6kg. I started at 67.6kg 2 weeks ago and I’m about half way through my third week.

I aim for 1300 - 1400 calories a day. Often, I’ve gone up to 1500. When I’m not on bed rest during menstruation (due to endometriosis) I exercise a lot, unless I need a rest day, which isn’t often. I’m having one today, though.

On bed rest days, or even just rest days from exercise, I keep it to 1200 calories, which is what my fitness pal originally gave me.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not lethargic, no side affects, feel better than I have done in years. No impulse to binge. Glowing skin, great sleep. Pretty sure overweight people get lethargic, but I’m alright. Looking forward to my holiday and eating lots of great food. Don’t care if I put some back on. I did it and it was worth every lb.

And? You trade lethargy caused by increased leptin production and overall physical incapability to be active for lethargy caused by nutritional deficiencies and your body not getting enough energy to carry out basic bodily functions. One does not sound better than the other. I just hope that you do not continue this long enough to harm your body in the name of vanity. Weight loss should be about healthy, sustainable changes...
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and will be 53 this year. I keep my calories somewhere between 1300/1500 give or take with exercise. Sometimes I eat back my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. I exercise a lot, especially during the warmer months.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    26yo | 160cm | 73kg
    Desk job with ~5 hours Judo a week

I eat between 1300 and 1500. I'm losing about 0.5/0.6kg a week. I don't eat back the calories I work off.

Although I did start on 1200 and was on a higher loss initially, I found it much harder and had all those problems you hear about when people under eat (tiredness, grumpy, difficulty concentrating, cravings etc etc) so I steadily rose the number of calories until I was happy and satisfied with the amount I was eating, while still giving me a decent loss rate.
  • Tomkat8403
    Tomkat8403 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'11, 175 pounds, Eating 1750/week set to light active. TDEE around 2150. Exercise doing HIIT and lifting 4-5 days a week burning 400-650 per session. I don't eat my exercise calories back right now, because I have yet to see any significant/steady weight drop.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    43 yoa, 5'9, 180 lbs. Maintenance calories are approximately 2700. I shoot for anything lower than that, but usually about 1800-1900 calories.
  • 502Monica
    502Monica Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'8, 198 lbs, 1560.