Keto Diet Beginner

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Kiersten and I’m 20 years old. Being in college I feel I’ve really started to let myself go. Because I do have a busy lifestyle, finding time to workout can be hard so I thought I’d try a diet. I have a small goal of losing 10 pounds. It’s not huge but I have to start somewhere. I’m hoping by trying the keto diet I will gain more energy, feel better and maybe lose a little weight. We will see. Other than about why I’m here, if I’m not doing homework I’m usually with my boyfriend, taking photography or hanging out with my friends. I love being outdoors, camping, hiking, bike riding. So yeah, that’s a little about me! I’m excited to see where this journey takes me. If anyone is on the keto diet or has any advice PLEASE share! Thanks!:)

Replies

• MissFire99
    MissFire99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started Keto 3 days ago and its really working for me. I have a bigger weight loss goal than you but so far, so good with Keto! My name is AJ and I'm in my 30s. I work in Marketing, like to take road trips and hang out at Irish pubs. I'm more than willing to go on this Keto diet with you, i'm not even a week in yet!
  • christenamiller
    christenamiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keto newbie here! Hoping to learn as much as possible.
  • itskierstenmarie
    itskierstenmarie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’d love to!
  • MissFire99
    MissFire99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do we connect, i'm still trying to navigate this app. Can we add people as friends?
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im Keto for 5 months you can add me. Im a slow and steady loser :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    MissFire99 wrote: »
    How do we connect, i'm still trying to navigate this app. Can we add people as friends?

If you tap on a person's username that will bring up their user card, then tap again and select add friend.
  • SPowell1989
    SPowell1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also very new to the keto diet. I have PCOS and have heard from others that also have it that keto is a great way to help control our insilin levels and lose weight. Its why i am so interested in really trying it. My overall weight loss goal is 100lbs. Im really hoping to see some results with this diet change. So far im basically recipie searching as well as learning what to avoid and what is good to eat. I think one of my biggest issues is going to be changing what i drink more than what i eat, as i am a big big sweet tea fanatic. I hardly drink soda or anything else for that matter. Its always always sweet tea, and i no with the keto diet, sugar is a no no.
  • darellefopa
    darellefopa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello , I am new, your post are very inspiring, I am planning on starting Kate too. My goal is 20 lbs for now
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    been Keto for 60 days now and down 15lbs - have had no issues with cutting the carbs and liking the way I am feeling and clothes are fitting - still have a ways to go but it is great to see the scale moving downward after so long of it climbing up.
  • cworrall5
    cworrall5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to Keto and would love all the advice I can get. I am a 6th grade teacher, so I am trying to get into a great habit over the summer so that I understand most of it by the time school starts. Thank you in advance for all the help!!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am on my week #2 of Keto. I have so many things that I need need help with, like keto snacks for example. I am also training my brain into eating less carbs and more fat...not at all easy. I have lost 6 pounds of mostly water weight i guess. I m 29 and trying to lose weight as much as possible by my 30th birthday in June next year.
  • SV2727
    SV2727 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    new also...6 weeks in and have lost 25 pounds...really liking it so far
  • RAWR_ImaDinosaur
    RAWR_ImaDinosaur Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was on keto for 2 years in college and lost 80lbs (since gained back due to physical/mental health challenges). I’m back on again and would love other pals to talk to!
  • MotherTruckerKeto
    MotherTruckerKeto Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Been on Keto 5 weeks now and have gotten rid of 10 pounds so far. Am weighing in today to see my progress this past week, hopefully at least 1 more pound gone. Feel free to add me, motivation and recipe swaps. Happy Thursday!
  • LG_Adventure
    LG_Adventure Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I went Keto for 2 months and lost almost 15#. Then I started falling off the wagon, and have had a hard time starting back up. Anyone have any advice for someone who's family is not Keto, but they are? It's a huge pain to try to cook different meals. Perhaps now that it's summer, it would be a bit easier with grilling meats and veggies. Feel free to add me, I'd love to hear any recipes!
  • fews50
    fews50 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Like to have more ftiends and i started doing keto again.
  • SV2727
    Options
    Lg it is def hard if your the only one on it...i would think you would have to really plan out your meals to try and eat correctly...i google all of my recipes lots of them out there
  • adriennemgeary1857
    adriennemgeary1857 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am about to start the keto diet this weekend. I am excited to try it, but also feel a bit overwhelmed with meal planning and ensuring I keep my carbs below 25g. Any advice for someone who is new to keto? I’m also not much of a cook either. I’ll have to get creative. Any advice, tips or suggestions is appreciated!!
  • SV2727
    Options
    adriennemgeary1857
    just follow the allowed macros the best you can...its not easy at first and the low carbs seems impossible or at least it did to me...give it at least one month to get used to all of the changes and by far the most important thing is get rid of all of the not allowed foods first thing so you are not tempted