Costco kirkland protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So, regretfully, the Smart for Life bars don't quite cut it for me because they not only derive a large share of their protein from Soy (first ingredient), but also rely on gelatin and collagen for their protein content.

**kittens** I am going to sound like an ad, and I don't even like them that much and think they're over-priced even though they're cheaper at Walmart as compared to anywhere else I've found... but the Mission 1 bars (I note that their cookie product has soy) only list whey and milk ingredients as a protein sources. And about the only "big" lie I can see is listing Isomalto-Oligosaccharides as 100% no Cal fiber when in actual fact they are digestible enough to provide almost 2 Cal per gram.

have you looked to buy them online through a Canadian website that sells supplements?? they are currently selling mission 1 bars for 14.99 for a 12 pack. I don't think I can post the actual website though without it getting flagged as spam! but if you look around a bit you should be able to find it fairly easily!

Thank you for the tip! Looking through (I presume that particular) Canadian supplement source I see some "short expiry" ones dated September 30 2018 @ $15.00 and some un-dated ones for $14.97. September is good enough for me to consume all that I would buy. Any ideas from people who shop there whether the $14.97 would be shorter or longer dated?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    glad you found it! I've bought a ton of stuff from them over the last 1-2 years and most are short-expiry - I find they are still good well after the expiry date so that part doesn't bother me.

just guessing, but the 14.97 and $15 ones are probably both the same dates. I'm not sure why it shows up like that, but I've noticed a lot of stuff on that site listed twice at prices like that, but they are the exact same product.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    just checked - that's weird they don't list the expiry date on the 14.97 ones - if you really want to know, you can email the company - they are a small company and really good about getting back to you. orders are also shipped super fast - I've placed an order that ships from London, ON and I have it at my house in Brampton 24 hours later! highly recommend them (and no I don't work for them or get anything out of endorsing them - just really love their deals!)
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really hope they don't discontinue them! boooo
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    just checked - that's weird they don't list the expiry date on the 14.97 ones - if you really want to know, you can email the company - they are a small company and really good about getting back to you. orders are also shipped super fast - I've placed an order that ships from London, ON and I have it at my house in Brampton 24 hours later! highly recommend them (and no I don't work for them or get anything out of endorsing them - just really love their deals!)

Prompt and courteous reply to my email last night. Seems the $14.97 ones have a slightly longer expiry date than the short dated $15.00 ones! --> sorry for the highjack of the thread in a different direction.

I sort of mourn the Costco ones. I sort of liked the chewy aspect. Could work through them for a couple of minutes as opposed to just scarfing them down like the "other ones" I am discussing. Also liked the milk based with no soy, no gelatin, and no collagen as protein sources approach. Which, as I mentioned, very few others follow :(
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch brownies. A box of six from Ocean State Job Lot is only $3.99 and they taste awesome!
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    Oh I forgot about those - the Robert Irvine Protein Bars are amazing (haven't tried the brownies), but hard to find in Canada and when I do see them they are $4 per bar (got them once on the above mentioned website $15/box - that was another great deal).
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the Fit Crunch bars yet, but keep hearing good things about them.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I should add I am in Canada...so perhaps the US stores have them, but not here in Canada anymore...I dunno

Same here in BC, and it is too bad they were pretty good and the price was right. I heard they have a different Kirkland protein bar coming out. When that is I do not know, I have been looking every time I am there.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hated the Costco protein bars, I usually get Pure Protein or Fit Crunch (https://fitcrunchbars.com/protein-bars/), both are low sugar/carb and gluten free.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    How much protein in the Aldi bars?

The Aldi Elevation bars have 15-20g protein- depends on the type I think- they have a few different ones.
    (At my work desk right now I have a Cookie Dough bar that has 15 g protein/200 cal and is just like Balance bars.) Tastes the same to me.
  • mbd81
    mbd81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Kirkland ones are coming back to Canada They were recalled for "packing and label issues" Who knows when, as customer service has been saying this for a month or 2 now. Kodiak was still there when I went on Monday. (crossing fingers)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    mbd81 wrote: »
    The Kirkland ones are coming back to Canada They were recalled for "packing and label issues" Who knows when, as customer service has been saying this for a month or 2 now. Kodiak was still there when I went on Monday. (crossing fingers)

For anybody who's interested, I spoke to a Costco representative today about the Kirkland Signature Protein Bars being discontinued on their website. He said that the bars haven't been discontinued, they've been temporarily taken off site for the summer because they've experienced problems with them melting during shipping. He said they will be back on the website in the fall, but couldn't give a firm date.

Not sure if they're still available in store or not - our nearest Costco is quite a ways away and I don't get there in person often.
  • NoExcusesFromNowOn
    NoExcusesFromNowOn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like kind and Lara bars.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    mbd81 wrote: »

For anybody who's interested, I spoke to a Costco representative today about the Kirkland Signature Protein Bars being discontinued on their website. He said that the bars haven't been discontinued, they've been temporarily taken off site for the summer because they've experienced problems with them melting during shipping. He said they will be back on the website in the fall, but couldn't give a firm date.

Not sure if they're still available in store or not - our nearest Costco is quite a ways away and I don't get there in person often.

I bought some last week in the store here in Southern California.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Quest bars but then found the costco ones to be similar and a lot cheaper. I went to buy them tonight..and they weren't in stock. So I asked and was told they are listed as inactive in ALL of Costco database. So they might not make a comeback at all. So...whats everyone's fav protein bar that actually tastes yummy not chalky?

Pure Protein, also from Costco.