fbre and net carbs

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
i seem to take in lots of carbs and i have gone over today. but im pretty sure its mostly from fibre carbs. should i worry about carbs that much if i know most of its from fibre?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Unless you are sensitive to carbs (medically...like an allergy), are diabetic, are eating too many simple sugars, then you shouldn't worry about carbs anyway.

Total calories is what you need to focus on to lose weight. The ratios of macros can be manipulated for personal preference, but calories is what really counts. Google the Twinkie Diet for more on that, lol.
  • whitesquirrel
    Options
    I am glad to see someone say that about carbs. I love them and don't have a problem with them, but I have lots of friends who have cut them out completely just to lose weight and tell me I am wrong! If I eat them as part of a diet, I will lose weight. If I don't eat them I get hungry.

I try to balance with a bit of protein too but couldn't survive on protein alone. :)
  • babyblake11
    Options
    I am glad to see someone say that about carbs. I love them and don't have a problem with them, but I have lots of friends who have cut them out completely just to lose weight and tell me I am wrong! If I eat them as part of a diet, I will lose weight. If I don't eat them I get hungry.

I try to balance with a bit of protein too but couldn't survive on protein alone. :)

i love them too im just wondering if its ok to go over if lots are from fibre carbs
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like the majority of your carbs are from bread. When you say fiber carbs, I think more fruits and veggies. My only suggestion would be to cut back on the bread some, or stick to the whole grain bread (or both). As long as you're under your calories and a high carb diet is working for you, then I wouldn't worry. That's just what I'd suggest.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    It looks to me like the majority of your carbs are from bread. When you say fiber carbs, I think more fruits and veggies. My only suggestion would be to cut back on the bread some, or stick to the whole grain bread (or both). As long as you're under your calories and a high carb diet is working for you, then I wouldn't worry. That's just what I'd suggest.

i only have two slices a day except the days i have raisinbread for breakfast?