Hello

Options
Hi,

I joined a little while ago sort of half-heartedly but now I am going to try to go full board so I guess I'll introduce myself! I'm 22 years old and I live in Victoria, Canada, which is a city full of beautiful people. I've struggled with low self-image for most of my life and now I'm deciding to make a change about it! I am quite active (my bike is my primary mode of transport) but I suck at eating well and I have a really hard time dieting in a healthy way, I usually end up alternating starving and binging. I am a work-a-holic (2 jobs + 4th year microbiology studies) so my major problem stems from not having time or effort to cook a healthy meal and just eating snacks slash fast food. Any suggestions for meals that are quick n dirty or easy bag lunches? My other question was does this site have a mobile app to log foods? That would be a really easy way to keep up with it during the school year when I am only at home long enough to sleep for a couple hours.

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me if you like!
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

The mobile app is fab and if you have a newer phone like the iphone4 it has a bar code scanner so you can zap things and it automatically logs things for you - so no excuses!!

I've been having salad boxes for my lunch each day so I can make it the night before and it's ready to go in the morning and for breakfast I've been having microwave porridge (OatSoSimple - not sure if you guys can get it?) again really quick and easy.

Have sent a friend request - it's really inspirational to know that people around you are struggling and succeeding around you.

Good luck with the new and improved you!

x
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Monday to Friday (when I'm at work) I have a small portion of nuts - usually a couple of different kinds, a small amount of dried fruit, a yoghurt and an apple (which I de-core and cut into slices to eat - takes longer to eat that way!). The high protein of the nuts does stop you from feeling hungry the rest of the afternoon.

I know it won't work for everyone but it does work for me and I now have a lot more energy and making my main meal at night isn't such a chore anymore.

I used to skip meals and end up eating unhealthy snacks and fast foods when I decided that I really had to lose weight (I had a bad flare up of arthritis in my knees and could hardly walk for about 3 months, not fun when you walk to work and it's 20 mins each way), I was really strict with myself and made time to have a good breakfast every day and stopped skipping meals.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    If you plan ahead you can have those snacks/meals ready when you're hungry and not go for the quick and easy. I know its hard I am still tempted to reach for what's at hand rather than take a few extra minutes and creat a healthy alternative. Best advise: be aware of it and make that conscious effort to change. It will take time but you will succeed. Best of Luck. It's less of a diet and more a life choice.