Vegan Protein Intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amy8Lyn
    Amy8Lyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    maemahe3 wrote: »
    Fuzzylop72 - I usually put some in wraps or salads, 4-9oz's. I'll try to incorporate it more often maybe? I'm aiming for 116.. I usually only get 50-70 a day when I actually put effort in my protein intake!

Vallary14 - I looove quinoa! I usually have it with tofu and brocolli, but I never eat to much of it at a time. I'll try to have a larger serving sometime this week
    I weigh 116 right now and my trainer advised 1200 to meet my weight goal of 110 by July 10th. I only regularly eat 1400 anyways.

I'm vegan and keto and I aim for 70g a day and I have no issue hitting this without shakes most days and without going over my carbs. I think many of the above comments are right, we are beat over the head that we need to eat these large amounts of protein to be healthy and its not always the case. If you really feel the need to get more than you have now you can try increasing your protein portions (tofu etc) a little bit each mean, or add in a vegan shake. I found trying to hit anything over 100 too difficult to do without a large calorie change. maybe try that and see how you feel?