Over :-/

categ78
categ78 Posts: 47 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
So I’m around 200kcal over my goal .... which is totally not an issue in the grand scheme of things; But I’ve now got that little voice saying well you’ve gotta start over tomorrow anyway so why not just eat a chocolate bar in the mean time

But rather than give in to the craving I’m posting here for accountability

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    How much weight have you told MFP you want to lose per week? Worst case, at half a pound roughly equaling a 250 cal/day deficit, you are still under maintenance! Tell that little voice to take a long walk off a short bridge.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Hang in there. It's better to only be over 200 than 1000. I know where you're at because I used to think that way too. Good for you that you resisted.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    categ78 wrote: »
    So I’m around 200kcal over my goal .... which is totally not an issue in the grand scheme of things; But I’ve now got that little voice saying well you’ve gotta start over tomorrow anyway so why not just eat a chocolate bar in the mean time

But rather than give in to the craving I’m posting here for accountability

No, you don't. You can make better choices your next meal. You can get in some activity before bed time. You only start over if you stop. Don't stop. Keep going and don't consider a small calorie overage as an "end".
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Starting over doesn't fix anything. Don't let yesterday use up too much of today, meaning don't undereat to make up for an overeat. If you need to think of hitting the reset button, do it with your very next meal, no restarts required. When you think of those you know with weight stability they don't have any restarts. They simply go on to the next meal never looking back over their shoulders. There's no before or afters for them. In all of their photos, they're simply present and accounted for, year after year. That's what I want.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Look at the weekly tab on your calories and recognize you are ok. That helps me stay the course.
  • All1971
    All1971 Posts: 89 Member
    Have you looked at what you are eating and whether it helps you feel full (enough protein and fiber)? Its way easier to make good choices when you're not feeling hungry.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    This has been my biggest frustration over the past 2 years losing 90#. Once I blow the day, I just say “F” it and keep eating and eating. It still happens to me (like today) so no sage advice, but you’re not alone.

If I could learn to keep a small indulgence from becoming a full-blown binge, I could maintain effortlessly. Following this thread.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    200 is nothing. Just tell yourself you're still on track, because you are.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    If you're goal is to lose 1lb/week. Going 200 calories over, is still a deficit from maintenance.

FYI, 1lb/week deficit = 500 Cal/day deficit.

So you are still doing good going over by 200.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Urges are just passing thoughts. Don't take any action, just let the thought pass. Maybe go do something to distract you. Play a game, go for a walk, clean the house, fold the laundry...

Yep! Go clean some windows or scrub the shower. Or if you have time go download a power walking or aerobics workout - always makes me feel better about a day over to know that I earned some of it. Either way, as you said 200 calls is nothing over the week.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    That has always been a downfall of mine. "I already messed it up, might as well keep going" I'm finally in the right mental state and determined enough to say "You're going to hate yourself if you do and have even more to make up for tomorrow. Leave it at 200 instead of adding an entire days worth of calories"

Stay strong!
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Look at the weekly tab on your calories and recognize you are ok. That helps me stay the course.

How do you find this?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,218 Member

How do you find this?

You can only do this in the mobile app. In Nutrition.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »

How do you find this?

You can only do this in the mobile app. In Nutrition.

This has blown my mind, I never knew this existed! Thank you!