4 Month Plateau

Options
skyerobinson8
skyerobinson8 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!
So for starters I am a fairly fit, 5'6 young female stuck at 130lbs. I was a solid 120 but I was having trouble gaining muscle and burning some of the remaining fat, although I really didn't eat when I was supposed to or as much as I should have. I would not have breakfast or lunch, and only have a mediocre healthy dinner because I am really busy. I figured my body was in starvation mode, so I bit the bullet and incorporated a healthy breakfast and lunch in the mix (and I am not just saying it's healthy, it is healthy) No simple carbs, only stuff like eggs, veggies, lean meats, you get it. I watched the scale and my body creep up to 130 lbs and stay there. I had read when your body is coming out of not being properly fed it will gain and take a second to start burning again, well it has gained and has not fallen. At all. No matter how active I am (which I work on my feet actively 7 days a week, chase a toddler on my off time, AND do HIIT in the mornings.) NO BUDGE. WHY. I do not see more muscle definition or growth, no fat loss. I am really starting to get aggravated. Any advice guys?

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If you were on a 4 month plateau, as per this thread title, then congratulations, as you were doing s great job at maintenance. If you were logging your calories and activities accurately then you now know what maintenance is for you. Cut 100-200 calories from your daily amount and you’d start losing again.

Eating above maintenance will cause weight gain, as you’ve discovered. Time look at your calories and reduce them.